SAU Community

What Tyres?

Hi All,

I have finally bought an awesome 2008 Dark Blue 370GT SP Coupe from Yokohama. I just want to be well prepared for compliance

to ensure fewer postponements ;)

The front Tyre dimensions are very rare! Front: 225/45R19 / Rear: 245/40R19

I can't just get anything.. to ensure I get the right ones that match the Tyre placard

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thx in Advance,

Marty

Hey Marty.

I use Achilles ATR Sports on my 19" on my v35 skyline coupe. They're good bang for buck tyres. I order them through this website: http://www.thewheeldeal.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=279_274&products_id=2413.Not bad in terms of pricing. Shipping is about $80 depending on where you are. Hope this helps.

Hieu

Are you sure that is the correct size for the front - the 225/45R19 is actually a larger diameter (685mm) than the rear 245/40R19 (678.6mm). I would expect the fronts to be 225/40R19 (662.6mm), to give the correct staggered fitment. If it had 18" rims I would expect 45 profile front & rear.

• Like 1

Hi GeeDog, Yep 100% correct.

Maybe to allow for the Big 4 Pot brakes?

This is from compliance.

Wheels
10-spoke Front: 19x8.5” / Rear: 19x9.0” Type S and SP coupe

Front: 225/45R19 / Rear: 245/40R19T base model, Type P coupe
Brakes
Front 4 Pot caliper, 355mm rotor / Rear 2 pot caliper, Type S and SP coupe

Edited by N3ptuNe
  • Like 1

Hi

HiEUmungus

I have used the Achilles ATR on my TRD Aurion, I wanted their Sport 2 series but they don't make a 225/45R19

Edited by N3ptuNe

Hi GeeDog, Yep 100% correct.

Maybe to allow for the Big 4 Pot brakes?

?? How can tyre profile allow for larger brakes?? that is all Rim size...

I don't know, was just a guess mate. This is the 100% correct dimensions for a 2008 370GT SP Coupe though. I even looked up the 370Z and there the exact dimensions! but in a R18
I cant answer why there different dimensions sorry, I'm a network Engineer :woot:

Also Supports me :P
http://www.jlimports.com.au/nissan-skyline-v36-370gt-coupe

There frigging hard to find came across 2 or 3 as opposed to the rear which comes in many flavors and colors metaphorically speaking.

Edited by N3ptuNe

Sure.. I can't help with tyre sizes or confirm if those tyre sizes are correct, but I can tell you that tyre profile has no impact on space avaialble for brakes.. Tyres go on the outside of the rim, brakes go on the inside, so only rim size will influence this.

Chances are 18in rims fit fine on the base model with the smaller brakes, but the type S and SP may need the 19in wheels to fit the larger brakes.

• Like 1

It seems an unusual combination - previous models (350GT) had staggered sizes with the fronts being smaller than the rear - in width & diameter - hence my post. Definitely not for brakes - the 19" rim takes care of that .

If it was mine I would strongly consider changing the front size to 235/40R19, if the width fits in the guard ok (and it's only 10mm wider). This size is 14.5mm smaller in diameter than the stock size - and the rules (in SA at least, but pretty sure it's Australia wide now) allow for +/- 15mm from the largest or smallest sizes listed on the placard. Being on the front it won't affect the speedo reading, and I wouldn't expect it to affect the ABS/DSC - someone else may know more about this. The 7.1mm difference in tyre radius is negligible - it would be like having new tyres on the rear & bald ones on the front. 235/40R19 is available in several brands & models at reasonable prices.

I know virtually nothing about getting through compliance, but would be surprised if tyre size changes within the road rules were not allowed. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon.

• Like 2

I totally agree with you all regarding going 245 However will Compliance comply? seeing the placard is stating 9x8.5” / Rear: 19x9.0 I would hate to buy some nice Dunlop Direzza's or Pirelli Pzero's and the compliance bloke says sorry mate aint gonna fit em they dont comply.. Know what I mean?

Edited by N3ptuNe
  • Like 1

Yeah I just called the guy, Friendly dude. He said usually he'll have no dramas fitting something else and playing around with the placard. He said just wait as he will get tyres at trade price.
One less stress...

• 2 weeks later...

G'day mate,

You are spot on with The sizes. I just purchased an Australian Q60 S coupe (this is top model spec, same as 370GT SP in Japan)

Wheel & Tyre

• 19-inch 5-triple-spoke alloy wheels (P225/45 R19 Front & P245/40 R19 Rear)

Front Rim Description 19x8.5

Rear Rim Description 19x9.0

The Base Model Q60 or in Japan 370GT

18 inch 10 spoke alloy wheels • (P225/50 R18 Front & P245/45 R18 Rear)

I will hopefully let you know tomorrow what brand.

• Like 1

Just fitted 245/45 R18 all round on my 370 sedan yesterday. All fitted perfectly even on the different sized wheel.

Then I noticed that the compliance tyre placard has listed 225/50 R18 and 245/45 R18 as legal front tyre...

Nitto Motivo's by the way... Shipped from Sydney and fitted locally for just under $ 1,000.. Very happy and looking forward to quality non-comliance tyres..

• Like 1

Will do Colin.

They might be getting a bit scarce as when I first asked Taleb Tyres about them, they told me that they didn't have any and were not able to import any more. Then they found the ones they sold me, and put the remainder on their eBay store. Otherwise it would have had Invo's for about the same money.

They already feel better than the Chineses tyres that went on for compliance, but will have better idea once all the mould release stuff has worn off.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...