SAU Community

GTR AWD to RWD???

Remove the attessa fuse, or turn the car off then on again while its rolling, or buy a torque split controller, If you don't want the added weight of the front drive-train then buy a GTS-t and fit a RB26 but you will be buying new tires every other day.

Thanks for the quick replies, from the sound of it, it is pretty simple? Is their anything else that needs to be done in order to drive RWD? Or simply hook up a switch to turn the "Attessa" fuse on/off??

From the last post, I'm guesing you mean that the car will always drive in RWD until traction is lost, then AWD kicks in?

The reason I am asking this is because I might be able to pick up a GTR fairly cheap, but i would still like to be able to drift it without too much hassle.

Would their be a big traction problem?

I know this sounds stupid, but I'ma noob to skylines.. When you say take the drive shafts out of the front, are you joking or being serious???

There is a little bleeder thing on the clutch pack for the ATESSA, if you are intending to make it really RWD then it is worth cracking that open (watch out for fluid).

Also for a drift car you would want to get a HICAS (4WS) lock.

p.s. You can take out the driveshafts and it would save weight.

Well I would rather be able to change from RWD to AWD whenever needed. Is that possible to do without harming anything on the car?

Can you explain to me what HICAS is exactly, I mean how does it work etc.? And how much roughly would it cost?

If you are planning on driving the car for a long time with the fuse out then you will burn out the transfer case unless you pull the front drive shaft out. And anyway you dont need to *** around with changing it from awd to rwd as the gtr already does this so you dont need to *** around with it in the first place.

If you are planning on driving the car for a long time with the fuse out then you will burn out the transfer case unless you pull the front drive shaft out. And anyway you dont need to *** around with changing it from awd to rwd as the gtr already does this so you dont need to *** around with it in the first place.

The reason I wanted to **** around with the AWD to RWD is because I would still like to slide the GTR, without having the front wheels working giving me more traction to make it harder to slide.

Most would say just buy a GTS-T, but if I can get a GTR for a good price then I would rather one of them :)

I will definately email "skylinegeoff" when I get the car over here, and thanks for those pics, I'm checking them out now.

Matt.

Only bad things seem to happen when gtr owners decide to make their cars rwd when they are designed to be awd. 2 such examples i have seen recently have had a nice inprint of a light post on the side of the cars :) Needless to say these 2 cars are now NWD (no wheels drive)

Only bad things seem to happen when gtr owners decide to make their cars rwd when they are designed to be awd. 2 such examples i have seen recently have had a nice inprint of a light post on the side of the cars :) Needless to say these 2 cars are now NWD (no wheels drive)

LOL, is traction really a big problem when going from awd to rwd on a GTR?? And you can hit a pole sideways in any car really, all depends on the driver and how stupid they feel like being.

Matt.

1) Maybe try www.Autospeed.com, I know they have an adjustable gadget that controls torque from the front to rear.

2) As far as making drifting a GTR.. sure it's not as easy as a RWD, but it's as simple as popping the clutch, and alot more easy to control than a RWD. But of all GTR's the 32 is this easiest with it's known rear wheel bias.

I agree with INASNT, start stuffing around with something that's designed for one thing can't be good. Most guys looking for a RWD option on GTR's are draggers, who switch to RWD to wam the rears before a run, the back to 4WD to launch.

Another point to remember when putting a 32GTR into RWD by pulling the fuse is that it also disables the ABS.....

Brett

Thanks, I never knew that :)

If I just take out the front drive shafts and not touch anything else, will that still allow for abs to work?

I'm not sure what would happen if you dropped the front drive shafts and left the fuse in, I'd guess that it wouldn't like it very much. Maybe ask one of the tuners on here or SydneyKid for a definate answer.

I would suggest you try drifting the gtr first before worrying about changing it. Plenty of 32 owners have been caught out with the amount of drift the 32 allows before the attessa kicks in...

cheers

Brett