SAU Community

Slow And Smokey Nm35

Hi people, this car is really starting to do my head in! Car has never thrown a cel or missed a beat. Here goes car has new hi flow turbo, new plugs, pressure tested intercooler set up new intercooler claps etc etc . new big trans cooler , full trans flush. Does not use oil. Big dump pipe, hiflow cat 100cel. Car use to pull like a train, but not any more its sad. All it does now is bellow grey black smoke and lucky to out run a hyundai xcel.. Im lost for ideas??

Should'nt that throw a cel but? Plus it surges on and off on boost.. Like the gate on turbo opening and closing constantly even holding your foot on throttle at the same point. Should your waste gate actuator have a tension spring on it? Mine does:-/

sounds great, no unusual noises :-) only un usual thing is constant wastegate flutter on boost goin up hills under load some times without lifting foot off the throttle..

Probably is the bov making noise, not the waste gate. Is it misfiring while it does this? If the entire intake from afm to engine holds 30psi then it is most likely afm or a misfire issue ie fouled plugs, coil packs, poor compression. Eg. Mine has had Intake leaks, fouled plugs and faulty coil packs and hasn't thrown a code. I believe others have had their afm die without throwing a code also.

• Like 1

All sorted :-) Had turbosmart boost controler on pipe from intercooler pipe to tb, totally blocked so no pressure getting to wastegate. And hose from cam cover to turbo inlet cut off and pointing to the ground:-0 Im guessing till you get to pressure off vacuum car can suck un metered air until pcv shuts.. if im correct??

Drives so much better but should factory boost gauge be way off the scale:-/ But my constant under load stuttering has gone:-) Could someone please post up a pic of factory boost controller piping:-)