SAU Community

Hsd Coilovers Help

Hey guys,

I hit up streettotrack.com about BC BR coilovers (for r34 gtt) but they no longer stock them and have recommended the HSD DT coilovers.

Can someone shed some light on these, preferrably those who are using/have used them, as I'm not too familiar with them.

Are they good for street/track use and are they equivalent to the BC BR's?

Edited by suwidji

ive got a set for my 180sx with an rb25 yet dont know how they go as yet to install, yet the dualtech series are a twin tube shock istead on monotube, ment to be a less harsh ride on the road, yet less suited for track use. hsd also do a more expensive monotube shock (the dts retail around the 1k mark, or for about 1.3k the monotube hsd) you can also get them from wholesale suspention, who would be happy to talk to you about the differences.

Had some adjustable HSDs on S13 Silvia a few years back. Can be harsh (as in stiff) on road but I found them to be quite good. HSD is a relatively well known brand in the field. I think HSD equivalent to whatever BC set you were going to by will be just as good if not better.

My 2c

Cheers

Amir

Had some adjustable HSDs on S13 Silvia a few years back. Can be harsh (as in stiff) on road but I found them to be quite good. HSD is a relatively well known brand in the field. I think HSD equivalent to whatever BC set you were going to by will be just as good if not better.

My 2c

Cheers

Amir

The DT (as above, twin tube) should be less harsh than the monotube dampers, from my experience the monotubes are quite harshly valved and perform much better on the track than street.

• 2 weeks later...

ISC coilovers are a good bang for buck set. you can also choose your own spring rates when ordering. i have 8/6kg springs in the r33 and its a pretty sweet ride considering how the car goes full noise on the race track, street driving isnt harsh at all

ISC coilovers are a good bang for buck set. you can also choose your own spring rates when ordering. i have 8/6kg springs in the r33 and its a pretty sweet ride considering how the car goes full noise on the race track, street driving isnt harsh at all

Im glad yo said that mate. Im in the process of setting my car up for track. Currently has JIC coilovers on it but might upgrade later on and get some with camber adjustment etc. So 8kg front and 6kg rear?

Cheers

yeah mate, thats a drift kind of setup with those spring rates, but its a good combo if you have a street car that likes to go sideways from time to time... a full on circuit car would have heavier spring rates but then it becomes too much on the street if you like to live a life of luxury

yeah mate, thats a drift kind of setup with those spring rates, but its a good combo if you have a street car that likes to go sideways from time to time... a full on circuit car would have heavier spring rates but then it becomes too much on the street if you like to live a life of luxury

What spring rate do you think would be good for circuit car? Not too fussed if its bumpy or stiff on the road as I dont plan to drive it on the road too often; its mainly going to be for track

Cheers

Amir

Id go 2 up on each. 10/8kg or even 8/8. Must use thick whiteline swaybars also. 24mm from memory.

With that setup id use 255 semi slicks all round also.

You can change the spring rate on all coilovers.
Especially easy on the generic models such as HSD, BC etc

If you buy HSD from the Aus distributor you can choose your spring rates, I'm sure it would be the same for BC

Otherwise springs are generally $100/pair up to ~12kg or so, then a little more expensive.