SAU Community

Nrma Vintage And Classic Insurance

Shit, Hope I haven't missed the boat

I hope not :glare: Maybe it could also be judged on your driving record if they take you on or not ??

if you do not track your car I cannot see the problem for them. If you are on the road, Skyline drivers still have to play by the rules.

One advantage for NRMA is, our street cars are worth more to most of use than you can insure them for and we want them in one piece :wub:

My car has spent over 6 months off the road during my insurance, still is, so that just doubled the price as I could not use it, no good stealing it and without the motor it is still too heavy to push, haha

I guess I will find out soon if they have stopped insurance for these types of older cars. I wonder if they knock back Porsche, Lambos, Corvettes etc over 15 years old??

Cannot be because they are fast, there must be other reasons behind it, maybe the mods. My guess is that more younger blokes (under 40ish ) go for the Rs and older blokes go for the other types of older vintage fast cars?

I'm just surmising here, without aiding and abetting anything...

(and if you need to look up the definition of surmise, please do so)...

I wonder if you can insure your car with NRMA VVC without listing mods (unless asked if you have any)...

and then upon renewal, they won't mind you listing off a few (mods).

The PDS they have still says the will take mods.

But they have to accept them. So this 1 example may have been a little over the top. I have had no issues with mine.

Hell when i called they just said "our system doesn't let us enter specifics, i wil just put modified engine"

In saying that my engine isn't overly modified. But you get the point.

• Like 2

The PDS they have still says the will take mods.

But they have to accept them. So this 1 example may have been a little over the top. I have had no issues with mine.

Hell when i called they just said "our system doesn't let us enter specifics, i wil just put modified engine"

In saying that my engine isn't overly modified. But you get the point.

Interesting. When I joined last year they asked for specific mods. The list was so long I had to email it to their admin staff. The printout I got in the mail is so long it runs onto the return slip on the bottom.

RACV Vintage

2000 BNR34 (just made it in)

10,000km per year , Lock up gargage required. Isnt covered for trips to the shop haha

Agreed value $65,000

Excess $300

Premium $917 a year

yeah i'd like to see the "isn't driven to the shops" stand up.

As long as it isn't the primary vehicle, what's to say you were not on a "hobby" run and had to get fuel, or something to eat on the way home.

in the PDS it doesn't actually state what "hobby" driven is.

Literally your hobby could be driving the car to work. It's so loosely worded.

yeah i'd like to see the "isn't driven to the shops" stand up.

As long as it isn't the primary vehicle, what's to say you were not on a "hobby" run and had to get fuel, or something to eat on the way home.

in the PDS it doesn't actually state what "hobby" driven is.

Literally your hobby could be driving the car to work. It's so loosely worded.

Yeah, no system is perfect.

So long as it isn't broken - or no-one breaks it.

Unlikely from this club ay David Snape, if you're having a squizz at this!

Still, thanks to NRMA VVC!

• Like 2

RACV Vintage

2000 BNR34 (just made it in)

10,000km per year , Lock up gargage required. Isnt covered for trips to the shop haha

Agreed value $65,000

Excess $300

Premium $917 a year

Last year it was 9000km per year now it's ten days per month when I renewed, your saying for you 10000km per year.

Are they just making it up as they go?

And when I go to the petrol station to fill up is that not a shop?

I think it should be more clear for us all.

Update:

RACV Classic: $930pa (Excess $500, for an agreed value of $51,000)

Very happy with that

At first I got a push back from them saying the car isn't in the 16th year, but the build was in March they accepted it.

Funny enough when I did the application they never asked me if my car was modified - they just asked for the name, brand of the car and that was it.

I want to increase the insurance amount but will wait around a little bit in case they have a change of heart.

Had my renewal in today and a better deal, all paid :yes:

I guess they they have no problem with the R moded cars as long as it is within their policy specs.

Better price this year, I have been with NRMA roadside this time for 18 years, had a gap when my financial fortunes Fd up, but all up about 35 years.

I am glad they have this type of insurance and I feel I am being rewarded for my long term loyalty .

• Like 1

You'll also find they aren't taking new customers, existing customers will be able to renew with an issue

What is the issue for existing customers ?

I cannot see anything other than what I had agreed to , except the driving 10 days a month from the 9000klm from the last policy ?

Maybe I will have another look tomorrow, been a long day

Moved from shannons over to Nrma vvc, agreed value, mods allowed, unlimited km's, but no more than 10 days a month, around $900, less than half the price of shannons. Thanks to the tip you guys, with the money I saved I can now buy more nismo parts :yes: .

• Like 2

Not skyline related, but worthy of this post..

My dad goes through Nrma vvc for his 1974 Torana SLR5000, Agreed value of 45k, 9000kms a year, Didnt need pics, Didnt ask about Modifications ( did a 11.3 qtr at eastern creek, with plenty of wheel spin.. )

and $450 per year.

Clean driving record for 12 years, and 59years old, Apparently means they dont question the usage or mods of the vehicle.

I was also denied this for my previous vehicle, as it was too modified, Only took them about 4 minutes to say no. Assuming my age screwed it up for me. i was 21 at the time.

• Like 1