SAU Community

275 Radial R33 Drag Build

2rismo

I didn't weigh it. I did swear at it a lot though.

I could weigh it I guess but I'd already removed bits and pieces of it and the channeled loom that runs to the back below the car is still there till I pull the fuel tank out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Took the car to a buddy's house (Astill Design) last night to begin work on cleaning up the engine bay. Between the Nissan factory and the previous owners they sure knew how to put holes everywhere. One rust repair in the left side front wheel tub and a heap of filling with the MIG was first before we started plugging larger holes with bits of steel and the TIG. Will be back at it this afternoon finishing the firewall and patching up the right side and both rails. Also noticed this thing has JIC arms in the front.Not sure what good they'll do me but they're there.

wYL1NIv.jpg
rKloM10.jpg
4oHzhWN.jpg
Ea98lO1.jpg
HxcEDte.jpg
mX0naYj.jpg
QgWcOYw.jpg
c3Ip5dQ.jpg
Kprd8N3.jpg

Hey 2rismo, love the build! Its epic! Quick question for ya...

How are you getting to fit the 275 60 15 drag radials in the guards?? Im looking to do this exact same rear tyre setup to hold about 800hp.

What offset and rim size are you using??

Cheers.

Hey 2rismo, love the build! Its epic! Quick question for ya...

How are you getting to fit the 275 60 15 drag radials in the guards?? Im looking to do this exact same rear tyre setup to hold about 800hp.

What offset and rim size are you using??

Cheers.

Haven't crossed that bridge yet. Do you have any thoughts?

I was thinking 15x9 +38 should fit. But I've only managed to find them in weld wheels (alumstars or magnum) and simmons (b45). I haven't been able to find a cheap alternative.

I'll undoubtedly end up with Welds or similar on this car. Be nice to know how far I have to move/change things first though. These are big tyres.