SAU Community

Roll Cage Required For Unregistered Track Car?

BLK-51N

What Michael said.

There are some cool advantages to having a cage though,,,especially a full one.

1/ You will feel so much safer whilst thashing the crap out of her.

2/ You will now have proper anchoring points for a full harness and again you will feel safer whilst thrashing the f**king crap out of her.

3/ If you jack her up in the right spot you can change 3 wheels at once.

Cheers

Neil.

• Like 2

well it might be a bit late, but to answer your question, possibly yes.

In many sup regs cars which are not registered need a log book. And a log book needs a CAMS certified cage.

Instead of generic interweb advice, I'd check with the clubs you intend to run with.

• Like 1

I'm only new to the track scene and the only tracks days I'll be running in is anything I see on here and the sau championships.

I'm Not sure what clubs there are I could go through. So any info would be very helpful.

Edited by BLK-51N

Can anyone expand on the Vic drifting requirement for a cage? Is that only for the guys in the actual competition, not the guys just out there having fun. Or do they not run them on the same day, and there are different events for amateurs that just want to have some track time

• 1 month later...

Ended up going a full cage 6 point with a few extras so I can enter wtac open class next year from mcqueen motorsport. Set me back around $2500 including mounting seats.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can anyone expand on the Vic drifting requirement for a cage? Is that only for the guys in the actual competition, not the guys just out there having fun. Or do they not run them on the same day, and there are different events for amateurs that just want to have some track time

Bit late but you need CAMS specification half cage as a minimum for any Vicdrift event at all, you won't be allowed on the track without one, no matter what the event is or what class you are in.

• 3 weeks later...