SAU Community

R30 Start Issues

Hi,

Have a bit of an issue with my mr30 its an l24e running a l20et turbo setup. Car was running fine two days ago went to start it next morning fired for few seconds ran rough and died when i let throttle go, then wouldnt start again just keeps turning over. Knew it was very low on fuel Placed about 10ltrs in, primed it fired briefly died then hasnt fired since. I have checked all cyl for spark, fpr sitting on about 30psi at rail (thought it norm has more) checked a few plugs and they seem to have fuel getting through. If anyone has any ideas or knows of anything that can cause this please help getting very annoyed with it.

I have spent the last day going through every electric related to starting I can think of and cant find a prob, spark is jumping about an inch on every cyl fuel psi is sitting on 40 and plugs keep fouling + can see fuel coming out exhaust when turning over. This has me completely stumped it was running perfectly one day then wouldnt start at all the next.(have taken all plugs out cleaned them and jumped with another car to rule out just being flooded). If any1 has any idea at all what it could be plz reply.

Not sure if your engine has an Air Regulator like the RB30 but they can stick in the closed position, not letting enough air through on coldstart which leaves the mix way too rich. (The air regulator should be open when cold and then close up as they get warmer)

Old Engines are Fun. :/

• 3 weeks later...

Check your Afm, Might need the resistor slider cleaned, Also check the bypass adjustment on the afm also. Your Water temp Sensor (ecu) might be faulty. Those L Serries ECU's are prone to water damage, And pin corrosion, Unplug the ecu and clean each pin with some sandpaper, put some contact grease on them, Try and do something similar on the loom plugs. See how you go after that