SAU Community

Worst Modifying Experience

Nismo 3.2ish

I only just got my car and haven't done anything but here's my only bad things that has happened.
Boot leak, so i got silicone to seal the leaks, put the whole tube of it on, made a ugly mess of my car, still has boot leak. I think i need a smash repair or something to fix it.

2nd one; I spent ages washing my car went to do a 3 point turn on my neighbours drive way to reverse it down my driveway, scraped the shit out of the front bumper. from right to left, the whole way along. went inside and screamed in a pillow. first car first scratch, was very close to crying.. :(

Edited by SkylineR33RB25

hahaha ^^^^^^^^^^^ that reminds me of something I tried to forget :(

I was using a buffer polishing my pride and joy of 16 years ago a TT300ZX, I was standing on a plastic milk crate and it gave way, I went AOH and the buffer went down over the windscreen onto the bonnet, the lead stopped it and it ran down over the front wheel guard and smashed on the ground, a couple of weeks later I got it back from the panel shop, not a happy camper :spank:

• Like 1

going a little bit off topic, but a customer of ours was washing his new car on his driveway (steep) left the handbrake off and it rolled away, collected a pole and folded the rear door into the front.

^ has 2 of 3 words in the topics title haha

Brand new car fail is worst than modifying fail.

Why, you can just get a new one, well if they cannot fix it, well sooner or later, well it could take a long long time,haha

Maybe I should have changed the title to, " Bad shit that happened to your car" :unsure:

But it does not matter, I think the blokes get the idea :)

Lol I don't know where u got that money idea from

Never actually spent the time to build an engine right mate.

With GTRs you need to do it right the first time or it will bite you in the ass

Yep, i learnt this the hard way

^^^^^^^^^^^

What happened ?????

I think I am reasonable lucky, with the work I have done so far, the only thing that is getting taken out are the Poncams B. Well the worked bottom end is coming out but I never had that work done, well I guess I paid for some of it in the price I paid :(

But I will not be too smug until it is all done and working 100% , well 99% :)

^^^^^^^^^^^

What happened ?????

I think I am reasonable lucky, with the work I have done so far, the only thing that is getting taken out are the Poncams B. Well the worked bottom end is coming out but I never had that work done, well I guess I paid for some of it in the price I paid :(

But I will not be too smug until it is all done and working 100% , well 99% :)

After saving up and collecting parts, 2.5 years later and finally complete i had an RB26 conversion into my R33 GTS4, with all the fruit and just how i wanted it and a fresh forged built motor

Had it for 2 weeks and it caught fire as i was filling up fuel at a petrol station. Said to be "static electiricy" as the fire investiagation unit put it

No insurnace and the worst part was the sercive station had the fire exitgusers locked up and the keys removed, So i had to sit and watch as she burned up, took 12 min for the firemen to get there. The fire was small to beign with, only the bowser and my fuel neck area so i could have saved it with the propper equitpment, Tried to get a hose form the building site across the road but it was short by about 20m

I blame most of it on the monekys that i had build the car.

This happned on the 15th of June 2013.

Ive been getting it all re built but this current mechanic - With a good rep mind you has had the car since 10th of Januray 2014.

Still a month or two away from completion i reckon

It actaully gave me nightmares for a couple weeks after it happened.

It happened about 10am, but it didnet really hit me till that night. The day was just a blur

• Like 1

After saving up and collecting parts, 2.5 years later and finally complete i had an RB26 conversion into my R33 GTS4, with all the fruit and just how i wanted it and a fresh forged built motor

Had it for 2 weeks and it caught fire as i was filling up fuel at a petrol station. Said to be "static electiricy" as the fire investiagation unit put it

No insurnace and the worst part was the sercive station had the fire exitgusers locked up and the keys removed, So i had to sit and watch as she burned up, took 12 min for the firemen to get there. The fire was small to beign with, only the bowser and my fuel neck area so i could have saved it with the propper equitpment, Tried to get a hose form the building site across the road but it was short by about 20m

Ive been getting it all re built but this current mechanic - With a good rep mind you has had the car since 10th of Januray 2014.

It happened about 10am, but it didnet really hit me till that night. The day was just a blur

Holly shit you are way in front, not that you want to be, sorry to hear that farken sad story. Must have knocked you on your arse and broken your heart after all that time, a sad story.

But maybe it will get someone to get insurance and save them from a similar fate , not that this will happen again anytime soon :( :(

What do you have to do to get it up and going ?

Edited by TT350GT

Seems I need to post a TLDR version here.

Will maybe write it out if I can remember it all

Had car for 7 years

is a daily (lol)

Done 27,000kms total in 7 years

This car is on

its 2nd chassis

its 5th engine (and third rebuild)

its 9th fuel pump

its 2nd diff (and set of axles!)

its 3rd set of suspension

its 4th? transmission

its 3rd ECU

its 3rd turbo

its 3rd (sort of) manifold

its 3rd fuel tank

its 4th set of tyres (in 27,000kms?)

its 3rd set of brakes (as in set of front calipers, discs)

its 3rd exhaust

as you can imagine, the non TLDR version of this is very long

..and still going

Are you certain your car is even a car and not one of these?

• Like 1

HAHA, get married , a couple of rug rats, extra mortgage , etc etc and goodbye GTR , hello Holden/Ford :) VW :)

I have to disagree with that, I'm married with three Rugrats and a mortgage and currently own two GTRs and a 1000cc ninja and a few other cars

I have to disagree with that, I'm married with three Rugrats and a mortgage and currently own two GTRs and a 1000cc ninja and a few other cars

Hi Mick, maybe you are the exception, not the rule :)

Can I get a job where you work, money must be amazing, but I will not rob banks, well :/

You don't want to work where I work, my boss is a cock, he is even making me work more then 6 hours a day at the moment and he never lets me take days off, he is constantly yelling at me and telling me off

haha, see you edited it, I just want to be your boss, not own your business :)

I am sure your boss is a giant cock, well a smallish cock, tinny cock ,well :)

haha, see you edited it, I just want to be your boss, not own your business :)

I am sure your boss is a giant cock, well a smallish cock, tinny cock ,well :)

Haha yeah, I'm all for having a laugh at myself but there has to be a line in the sand at what's funny or not and that crossed it I think

Well he does drive two really fast cars and a silly fast bike so he might be compensating for something :/:D

I remember seeing the video of this, bought a tear to my eye watching it :(

Reading this it reads like you think the guys building did something that cause it ?