SAU Community

F**K the people who do this sh!t

hows this ;)

i had my car parked at my girlfriends house and last sunday my car, along with 2 others was parked on the front lawn of a quite street on the Central Coast. when i came out in the morning, i came to find someone had smashed my drivers side rear quarter window and hit it twice with something hard like a base ball bat i.e. you can see where they missed hit it and hit the metal surround then again and hit the glass.

They stole my gran turismo 4 Prologue which i am pissed about but also and

(i know is my fault for leaving it there) but my digital video camera which only evidence of my old R31 GTS-X and my trip to England with car shows...i am slowly getting over the fact i lost this stuff but it still anoys me that people go around at night looking for stuff to steal....and to top it all off my top of the line alarm/imobiliser which i had installed only a few months before didn't even make a sound...and when i opened the car in the morning it didn't do its usual beeps, as its surposed to when the alarm has gone off ....arrrrgg :cheers:

sorry about his guys but had to vent my anger

heres a picture of the damaged window...

Aaron

Damn, that really sucks dude, do you have insurance?

Also i'd go back to the dude who installed your alarm and have a little chat maybe... hope everything works out for you mate, this really sucks, people who do this really suck dick.

Yeah that is a pain.

My sisters boy friend stayed over just the other night and some prick came all the way up a private driveway smashed his rear, side, and front windows and drove off. No other cars were touched and nothing was stollen.....

They heard the hole thing but did not see the car... If they had woke me up at 5am when it happened I would have chased the F**kers in my own car and they would know they did something very very wrong...;)

an alarm is only as good as it has been installed...

I have had the same alarm in my car installed twice as the first time the guy who did it was sooo bad the car could have burnt down twice :cheers:.

where abouts on the central coast? i know a lot of dodgy guys around my area do that s*** and its not cool. dude just make sure u keep everything outta site! they wouldve only targetted ur car becoz it had stuff in it thats worth $$$ on the sly.

lesson learned. KEEP EVERYTHING OUT OF SITE IF U'VE GOT VALUABLE STUFF IN UR CAR!

That sucks. You should always test your alarm every now and then. Its not hard to do, depending on the sensors you have.

arm it for 30 secs+, open it with key in door without disarming, alarm should go off... test other sensors, say shock sensor, hit the top corner of your windscreen with a closed fist, or drop the windscreen wiper on it.

etc.. etc.. even a glass break sensor, get an old glass put it in a box inside the car armed, then smash it in the box...

Be thankful that they only took a camera and a game.

They could have taken the car.

Alarms aren't fool proof, and in public places most people prefer to ignore an alarm rather than turn their head in the direction that the noise is coming from, because it's easier to not get involved.

Take some responsibility here.... we're all aware of what goes on in the world we live in. You should never leave valuables in a car, ever.

A "quiet street" is a perfect place for Joe Criminal to go breaking into cars... there's less chance of being disturbed.

If they looked through the window and didn't see anything of interest, they would have moved onto the next car.

Chalk it up as a learning experience.

Yeah where on the coast were you?

I have heard a few stories about things like that happening around here lately... Makes me want to install cameras out the front of my house.

yeah thanks guys

i do take responsibilty for leaving the stuff on the back seat...funny thing i am normally really hard on me and gf on leaving stuff in site. and the one time i dont it gets flogged...damn this world...anyway yep my fault for leaving it there. It happened in Woy Woy...and well for all the coast people you know what that area's like...yes like blacktown by the sea....but anyway

window wasn't too much to fix...good when you know people in the bus...but as for camera and game..expensive loss but i am thankful i still had a car to come out to !!

yeah duncan now i can't compete in any more challenges....but i had fun killing it while it lasted...just have to wait till full version comes out...more people will have it then too so a bit more comptetion..

so i had an expensive learning experience ....so just a word to all you guys dont leave anything on the back seat or anywhere in sight.... makes me wonder on putting things like SAFC's etc on the dash...just a thought...

Aaron

Sorry to hear about your loss, tough lesson to learn but you never ever ever leave anything even remotely desirable within view inside your car or you are asking for trouble.

Hope you find the bastards.

Sorry to hear about your loss, tough lesson to learn but you never ever ever leave anything even remotely desirable within view inside your car or you are asking for trouble.

Hope you find the bastards.

I'm never going to sit in my car again... It is bound to be broken into by countless females just trying to get to me...

bad luck mate! just to let you know i was pulled over the other night for accidental loss of traction, me bad, but got taken to the watch house due to a 7 years old charge of stealing put against me by an ex girlfriend, some cd's of all things, turned out to be a waste of the coppers time, thats another story, but when i got out of the car and locked it he's told me to take my bag, jacket even the remote for the front gate, he said never leave anyone an excuse to want to get into your car cause people are bastards..His words...