SAU Community

Nate's R32 Gt-R Build (And A Bit Of Personal Car History)

So the car made it safely to BC Auto. Although i will say this:

Do NOT use the hire trailers at BP service stations (move-urself trailer hire) it was probably the most dreadful experiences of my life, that trailer should not have been on the roads more or less towing my pride and joy!

Now with that said the car is safely tucked away at BC auto (who have thankfully increased their security a lot since their time attack GT-R was stolen).

10710653_801766919882529_713085672177462

10669986_801766899882531_868188124752774

1012422_806672329391988_6764762334906856

Just realized at some point I missed another mod I actually really liked.

BroadwayMirror01.jpg

I managed to pick up this Broadway 360mm rear vision mirror from Japan. It actually makes quite a large difference with vision, should be useful for keeping an eye on cars coming up on me at the track :D

BroadwayMirror02.jpg

So it is official. You guys are up to date with where I am today...........So I better let you guys know what parts just arrived lol.

If you haven’t noticed I’m a sucker for 2nd hand parts at good prices and when I saw this DO-Luck cross bar for $200 I figured I had to get it!!

IMAG0888.jpg

Next were just some unknown brand front castor rods. However they are missing a bit which I am trying to get sorted out now.

IMAG0889.jpg

Another thing I picked up which is brand new and I think will look great is this!

IMAG0906.jpg

A Kansai Service style front strut bar! It was really cheap and I think it will look great with the Greddy suction intake :)

So that is it for now. Not sure what I am going to do next. I am torn between:

A: AP racing brakes all 4 corners.

B: 6 speed getrag conversion.

C: Car trailer built how I want it so I never have to hire a trailer again lol.

Feel free to let me know your opinions on anything and I’m always up for a chat :)

Here is the list of mods getting done at the moment.

Cusco front LSD

Custom sump.

Oil pump gears.

Mines baffles.

Diff Bearings.

Oil cooler.

Braided oil lines for turbo’s

Catch can.

Accusump

Cam gears

Timing belt.

Nismo engine mounts.

Ross harmonic balancer and trigger kit.

Paint rocker covers/spark cover (keeping the colour a secret until its back)

Fix any oil leaks

Nismo Thermostat

HKS Actuator upgrade.

Radiator.

Radiator Cap.

ETS-Pro AWD controller.

Trust Intake + Nismo oil cap

GFB Deceptor BOV’s

Haltech ECU

Haltech 3 bar map sensor.

Haltech Boost control solenoid

Haltech Air temp sender

Haltech Coolant temp sender

Haltech Fuel and Oil Pressure Sender

Hey mate, good to see your using quality parts all round

I noticed your running the standard "twin turbo" pipe

Would you be interested in purchasing a modified pipe that helps increase response and power and prevents turbo shuffle?

Hi mate thanks for the offer but I already purchased a greddy suction intake kit

IMAG0906.jpg

A Kansai Service style front strut bar! It was really cheap and I think it will look great with the Greddy suction intake :)

So that is it for now. Not sure what I am going to do next. I am torn between:

A: AP racing brakes all 4 corners.

B: 6 speed getrag conversion.

C: Car trailer built how I want it so I never have to hire a trailer again lol.

Feel free to let me know your opinions on anything and I’m always up for a chat :)

EDIT: only just noticed you said style. :ph34r: my bad

Edited by Anfanee

EDIT: only just noticed you said style. :ph34r: my bad

Haha yeah I wouldn't want to know how much a real Kansai service one would cost!

Good choice on surge tank i got the same one for my boot setup.

Yeah A.I. Do amazing work. Just a shame I don't really need it anymore but I'm sure I'll need it one day :)

Hi Guys! Time for an update!!

The other day i was thinking the interior of the GT-R was looking a little drab. As my luck seems to go at the moment i saw a little something pop up on a 2nd hand site a few days later for a good price and figured i had to have it!

DSC00166.jpg

Carbon fiber dash cover! I always wanted one of these but not many places seemed to sell them anymore so i was stoked to pick this up for cheap having never been on a car.

Next i got quite excited when i looked on the BC Auto Facebook page and saw my sump being worked on!! This means the motor is out so we're half way there!!

Stock sump.

StockSump.jpg

Increased capacity, custom baffles and windage tray with Cusco 1 way LSD built into the housing

StockSumpModified.jpg

That's all i have for you guys at the moment! More small parts are on the way so expect a few small updates this week :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again Guys and Girls, I figured it's time for another short update.

I've really only had some random parts arriving as I can't help myself when it comes to a good deal.

First things first, my lovely Girlfriend had a custom dash mat made for the GT-R for an early Xmas present (gotta love having a girl that supports your hobbie/obsession lol)

DSC00198.jpg

Next up is something i have always been planning on getting but have been patiently waiting for a cheap one.

DSC00199.jpg

It's an N1 boot spoiler lip although its a bit hard to tell that by my crap picture and lack of paint. This probably won't go on the car for a while as I want to get new bonnet and front bar lips and Ganador side mirrors so once i get all of that I'll get it all painted up but for the price i wasn't going to pass it up ;P

The final part is something a little more special, I was starting to feel as though the car was heading in a cheap direction with the XXR wheels and the replica Kansai service strut brace, as my luck would have it a genuine Kansai Service strut brace popped up for not much more than i paid for the replica so I figured i better grab it other wise i would be kicking myself forever haha

DSC00191.jpg

In saying that the replica one is now for sale, I placed it over the genuine one and it lines up identically, if anyone is interested please feel free to inbox me :)

Cool gear, but please never use a fisheye lens again for that stuff. :yes: wrecks the mind.

Ahahahaha yeah sorry about that, It's just what comes on the Sony cam and at the time I couldn't find my phone ;P

Just for Anfanee here are the non-fisheye lens pictures :P.

Dash Mat.

20141223_080215.jpg

N1 Lip Spoiler.

20141223_080307.jpg

Kansai Service Strut Bar.

20141223_080354.jpg

The all important badging lol.

20141223_080335.jpg

Had a chat to Brett at the end of last week for a small progress update, He said that pretty much all that is left to do is put the timing belt/pulleys back on, put the motor in and tune it which is exciting!!

I have been talking to a few mates brainstorming about the next upgrade to do as it will probably be the last one for a while due to house purchasing this year so I have to get it right lol.

We narrowed it down to either:

A Haltech Racepak Logger Dash - as we currently have no way to monitor vitals and the lap timer would be very useful and probably more reliable than the one on my phone lol.

OR

Alcon 6 piston front brakes with 365mm discs - for obvious reasons lol.

It is a hard choice as they are very different types of modifications. One will give awesome performance and a large drop in lap times but will leave us blind to what the motor is doing which is a big risk, the other will let us know everything the motor wants to do but will give no actual performance improvement. Personally i lean towards the dash as i can always manage the brakes. I have messaged Brett to get his opinion as he is the expert, you never know he may even tell me to spend my money somewhere else like suspension.

If anyone would like to weigh in on this feel free to do so :)

Hey mate where about did get ur dash mat from

My Mrs actually got it custom made mate, had she just asked me rather than trying to surprise me i would have given her this website and saved her a lot of money lol.

http://www.customcarmats.com.au/nissan-skyline-p-133002232.html