SAU Community

Formula 1 2015

dezz

You can tell Sir Frank is no longer calling the shots over at Williams. He has always prided himself that Williams didnt poach other team's sponsors, rather attracted new businesses to F1. It was the job/challenge of other teams to try and steal Williams sponsors.

Well, in the same week Williams have poached two Lotus sponsors. Lotus going to really struggle with 2015 budget. I hope Coca-Cola/Burn up the stakes and throw an extra 20-30million at them (not going to happen but would be nice to see it up the $$$$ to compete with Monster-Merc and RBR)

You can tell Sir Frank is no longer calling the shots over at Williams. He has always prided himself that Williams didnt poach other team's sponsors, rather attracted new businesses to F1. It was the job/challenge of other teams to try and steal Williams sponsors.

Well, in the same week Williams have poached two Lotus sponsors. Lotus going to really struggle with 2015 budget. I hope Coca-Cola/Burn up the stakes and throw an extra 20-30million at them (not going to happen but would be nice to see it up the $$$$ to compete with Monster-Merc and RBR)

To be fair if you were a sponsor the choice between Lotus and Williams at the moment isn't a difficult one. The interesting bit is that Williams beat McLaren to the Unilever money.

But times haven't changed that much - Williams seriously annoyed Canon in the early nineties when they took cigarette money instead of Canon's coin. Not sure which other teams lost out there - too long ago.

2015 Formula 1 calendar

March 15 Australian GP

March 29 Malaysian GP

April 12 Chinese GP

April 19 Bahrain GP

May 3 Korean GP (TBC)

May 10 Spanish GP

May 24 Monaco GP

June 7 Canadian GP

June 21 Austrian GP

July 5 British GP

July 19 German GP

July 26 Hungarian GP

August 23 Belgian GP

September 6 Italian GP

September 20 Singapore GP

September 27 Japanese GP

October 11 Russian GP

October 25 USA GP

November 1 Mexican GP

November 15 Brazilian GP

November 29 Abu Dhabi GP

http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117027/korean-gp-returns-for-2015-f1-season

The report also says race director Charlie Whiting was correct not to call for a safety car while marshals dealt with Sutil's initial accident.

"The actions taken following Sutil's accident were consistent with the regulations, and their interpretation following 384 incidents in the preceding eight years," the report added.

"Without the benefit of hindsight, there is no apparent reason why the safety car should have been deployed either before or after Sutil's accident."

Bullshit.

• Like 1

Ot40vaT.jpg

I forgot for a second that there are trophies for positions other than 1st, was thinking 'that can't be right, there are far more trophies then races there!'

rookie mistake.....