SAU Community

Formula 1 2015

dezz

A new deal between Fox Sports and Network Ten that will see just 10 Formula 1 races shown live on free-to-air will start this season.

Statements announcing the five-year agreement confirm that the subscription service will carry live coverage of practice, qualifying and races from this season.

Ten of those races will also be simulcast live on Network Ten, which had exclusively hosted F1 in Australia since 2003.

The free-to-air station will continue to broadcast all sessions from Albert Park’s Australian Grand Prix as part of the agreement.

The 10 races that are exclusively live on Fox Sports will be seen on Ten’s sub-channel One HD in 60 minute highlights form at 9:30pm on the following Monday.

So to conclude. Murdoch can go eat a d!ck. So can channel 10. Actually particularly channel 10. Don't sign contracts to not show sh!t just so you can broadcast endless repeats of mash or the home shopping channel or whatever other steaming load of crap you have dredged up from somewhere that people give no fk for. No wonder your going broke. Just hurry up and get done with it instead of fking everyone about.

Nobody watches highlight packages of motor races. They are inherently sh!t.

:verymad:

List of races channel ten will be showing - amazingly they are all the sh!t ones.

Australian live broadcast schedule for 2015 Formula 1 World Championship

1. March 13-15: Melbourne, Australia (FOX & TEN)

2. March 27-29: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (FOX)

3. April 10-12: Shanghai, China (FOX)

4. April 17-19: Sakhir, Bahrain (FOX & TEN)

5. May 8-10: Catalunya, Spain (FOX)

6. May 22-24: Monte Carlo, Monaco (FOX & TEN)

7. June 5-7: Montreal, Canada (FOX)

8. June 19-21: Spielberg, Austria (FOX & TEN)

9. July 3-5: Silverstone, Great Britain (FOX)

10. July 17-19: TBA, Germany (FOX & TEN)

11. July 24-26: Budapest, Hungary (FOX)

12. August 21-23: Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium (FOX & TEN)

13. September 4-6: Monza, Italy (FOX)

14. September 18-20: Singapore (FOX & TEN)

15. September 25-27: Suzuka, Japan (FOX)

16. October 9-11: Sochi, Russia (FOX & TEN)

17. October 23-25: Austin, United States (FOX)

18. October 30-November 1: Mexico City, Mexico (FOX & TEN)

19. November 13-15: Sao Paulo, Brazil (FOX)

20. November 27-29: Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi (FOX & TEN)

I am many disappoint. :(

Thats a real bastard act, I loved getting up early(or staying up late to watch) and being super out of it at work the next day.

Couple of questions, can anyone link me to the stream? (pm would be appreciated)

Would I need cable for a decent feed?

Has anyone been to the Japanese GP?

Accommodation is booked, but where are the best seats vs price to be had?

Also same question for the Singapore GP as ill be trying to get to that one this year too.

I don't really mind AJ that much, but alot has changed since he raced, the person I most miss is Cromley.

Singapore itself is better than the Singapore GP. Best place to watch it from is the pool at the Marina Bay Sands hotel. Avoid the stand on the shoreline above the soccer field as you cant see shit from there. Other places are ok - best is probably turn 1/2.

Edited by djr81

f**k Channel 10, it's about time they lost the righs (albeit only partially).

I'm guessing Foxtel will show all the pre race stuff from the UK guys, which shits all over the four and half minute pre race that Rust and Jones do these days on 10.

pre-race is just the stuff you've been readng about on the internet since the previous race anyway. post race stuff, ted's notebook etc we've all been watching free on the interwebs for years. Not worth $75 per extra race!!! (Min cost is $750 according to Foxtel site) Imagine paying that and then falling asleep on the couch before it starts! lol

Welp this is bullshit, since 2007 i always watch fp1/2 and most of the time fp3, sometimes the sky sports f1 show as well. Always watch quali and the race live. I highly doubt I'll get foxtel for this, I'd rather go to bed early and download it the next day, the hardest thing is staying in a media blackout until I watch it. I can't watch a race if I know who wins it its just not the same.

Mind you if the championship gets close I can see myself forking out the dough, fuuuuuu foxtel I never thought I'd see the day I'd pay you a cent!

Guys I've just had my second child and am

Certainly going to struggle to get foxtel. Are there cheaper alternatives? Where can you download the race from that you mentioned?

Either way it's a shit situation, if I can get up early enough the next morning I can download it and watch it before work.

Soo many swear words but still not enough that allow me to express my feelings about channel 10 and foxtels decision!!

pre-race is just the stuff you've been readng about on the internet since the previous race anyway. post race stuff, ted's notebook etc we've all been watching free on the interwebs for years. Not worth $75 per extra race!!! (Min cost is $750 according to Foxtel site) Imagine paying that and then falling asleep on the couch before it starts! lol

I never find the time to read articles so I like the pre race... And I always watch a live stream, only using channel 10 for hd picture when they're not missing a 1/4 of the race through ad breaks...

Plus with motogp and the AFL on foxtel, I don't mind paying

I have 2 coax lines for the dish, Think it has something to do with the dual tuners built into the box? There are provisions for 4 coax lines in the back.

I'm waiting for the new box to come out at the moment anyway. Should have wireless. Otherwise its easier to do what I do, just buy a range extender, disable the wifi from it and use it as a network hub for your TV, foxtel box etc

As long as you've already got the connection points it's just power, Foxtel fibre, telephone line and your video out eg hdmi

Got no connection points just the standard coax point for free to air at the moment...What's the phone line used for with Foxtel?

Got no connection points just the standard coax point for free to air at the moment...What's the phone line used for with Foxtel?

Should be an ethernet port for internet features like on demand shows.

New box coming out soon apparently has wireless