SAU Community

Formula 1 2015

dezz

Giddy Up! That's the news I was waiting to read. Ok, reckon I am going to put $200 on Rosberg for 2015 WDC! It is all but in the bag!

you mean hammo and his missus called it quits again...?

you mean hammo and his missus called it quits again...?

Yep...Rosberg will provide a Button-esque beating to Homo this year while he winges about why is the world against him. In the meantime Mercedes neogtiations break down and he is without a drive in 2016 :)

force india was the one who blocked marussia's return and this is what the have to say about it.

Force India says it would be willing to reconsider Marussia's bid to use a 2014 Formula 1 car this year if a resubmitted application was done properly.

During a meeting of the F1 Strategy Group in Paris on Thursday, teams voted on whether to support a rule change to allow Marussia to race with its 2014 car.

Force India's deputy team principal Bob Fernley cast the first vote, and rejected it because he did not believe the project was based on solid foundations.

1361438575.jpgForce India defends blocking Marussia

The fact that the application came in a single-page letter, with no details on team ownership, funding or the support of the administrator, left Fernley believing there was not enough information to justify backing it.

"We don't want to lose teams, but one of the over-riding conditions was that clearly they had to demonstrate the sustainability of their programme and who was behind it," Fernley told AUTOSPORT.

"So what were the finances? When would they go to a 2015 car?

"It needed a proper presentation and proposal that could be considered.

"I don't make any excuses on this: the onus is on the team applying to persuade the other teams."

When asked if Force India would be open to changing its mind if a proper submission was made, Fernley said: "You would have to be. This process has been closed down, but like everything else in life: if you get turned down once you go back again and do it properly."

Fernley has underlined that Force India did not object to the principle of Marussia returning, only the manner in which the application was made.

FAN BACKLASH

Fernley is well aware that Force India's rejection of the Marussia application has caused a furious fan backlash, with the team being accused of putting its own interests over those of the sport and focusing on getting a share of the extra commercial rights income that would come from Marussia's absence.

Though Fernley does not deny that there was some financial motivation, he says securing the future of the teams currently on the grid is just as important.

"Is there an element of financial incentive for making this decision? Of course there is - I'd be lying if I didn't say that.

"We have to focus on the survival of the independent teams that remain. It is helpful for Force India - but the bottom line is if the [Marussia] proposal had been put in place correctly in the first place, the decision could have been different.

"We haven't voted because it benefits us by £4million. That wasn't the vote. The vote was 'will you allow Marussia to run a 2014 car?'

"But where is the documentation to support that? There is a huge amount of concession to be given. It is not a small decision.

"The onus is on Marussia, not on Force India, to present its case. Unfortunately emotion takes over.

"It would be wrong of me to make decisions on emotion because I am worried about what fans may say. We are not frightened of making difficult decisions.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117617

What exactly is the point of Manor's return anyway?

It's not like they will have anyone to compete against now that Caterham have flopped?

Yea i get that. However being on the back of the grid at the end of the season wont help their 2016 budget.

It's not like they can join the championship this year take the 30mill then piss off to the pub. They would still be looking at another 50M+ to compete for the remainder of the season

Exactly. They may get 30m for showing up, but if it costs them double that then it isn't worth it. It clearly didn't work out for them last year. And it isn't like they can just decide to just run a team for 25m to run at a profit, because then they wouldn't have a car that's quick enough to stay within the 110% range

A new deal between Fox Sports and Network Ten that will see just 10 Formula 1 races shown live on free-to-air will start this season.

Statements announcing the five-year agreement confirm that the subscription service will carry live coverage of practice, qualifying and races from this season.

Ten of those races will also be simulcast live on Network Ten, which had exclusively hosted F1 in Australia since 2003.

The free-to-air station will continue to broadcast all sessions from Albert Park’s Australian Grand Prix as part of the agreement.

The 10 races that are exclusively live on Fox Sports will be seen on Ten’s sub-channel One HD in 60 minute highlights form at 9:30pm on the following Monday.

So to conclude. Murdoch can go eat a d!ck. So can channel 10. Actually particularly channel 10. Don't sign contracts to not show sh!t just so you can broadcast endless repeats of mash or the home shopping channel or whatever other steaming load of crap you have dredged up from somewhere that people give no fk for. No wonder your going broke. Just hurry up and get done with it instead of fking everyone about.

Nobody watches highlight packages of motor races. They are inherently sh!t.

:verymad:

List of races channel ten will be showing - amazingly they are all the sh!t ones.

Australian live broadcast schedule for 2015 Formula 1 World Championship
1. March 13-15: Melbourne, Australia (FOX & TEN)
2. March 27-29: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (FOX)
3. April 10-12: Shanghai, China (FOX)
4. April 17-19: Sakhir, Bahrain (FOX & TEN)
5. May 8-10: Catalunya, Spain (FOX)
6. May 22-24: Monte Carlo, Monaco (FOX & TEN)
7. June 5-7: Montreal, Canada (FOX)
8. June 19-21: Spielberg, Austria (FOX & TEN)
9. July 3-5: Silverstone, Great Britain (FOX)
10. July 17-19: TBA, Germany (FOX & TEN)
11. July 24-26: Budapest, Hungary (FOX)
12. August 21-23: Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium (FOX & TEN)
13. September 4-6: Monza, Italy (FOX)
14. September 18-20: Singapore (FOX & TEN)
15. September 25-27: Suzuka, Japan (FOX)
16. October 9-11: Sochi, Russia (FOX & TEN)
17. October 23-25: Austin, United States (FOX)
18. October 30-November 1: Mexico City, Mexico (FOX & TEN)
19. November 13-15: Sao Paulo, Brazil (FOX)
20. November 27-29: Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi (FOX & TEN)

Edited by djr81

Part of me is so annoyed with Ten. Part of me hates their coverage and often streams it anyway. Part of me doesnt understand why I feel a sport shoudl be on free to air....but , I guess if Ch 10 could cover a sport properly then the ratings and sponsors would come .... so .... yeh Ch 10 can eat a dick

f**k Channel 10, it's about time they lost the righs (albeit only partially).

I'm guessing Foxtel will show all the pre race stuff from the UK guys, which shits all over the four and half minute pre race that Rust and Jones do these days on 10.

So to watch the other 10 races, I have to pay $600? I don't think so...

Yeah well its the way ch 10 is going. Like the rugby tour last year. They showed the Wallabies versus Wales, Ireland etc but the last and most important game - vs England they didn't broadcast. Just shedkhantery on a massive scale. Fkn too cheap to do anything properly thereby preventing someone else from doing so.

As much as I hate Rupert and his minions I don't see an alternative. Paying almost as much for a interweb connection and hit/miss streaming isn't exactly a winner of an idea either.

• Like 1