SAU Community

Formula 1 2015

dezz

Im halfway through rewatching the 2005 season and it's 100 times more exciting than current f1.

No tyre changes just fuel stops ftw. Fuel is such a better strat than tyres.

Absolutely pump through the fuel these v10's do

Was rubbish. Too many people limping around on flat spotted tyres. Then Ferrari got the rules change because they kept losing. US GP was awesome.

Surely with the technology they have now, they could put an interlock on the gearbox while the fuel gun is in. Fuel gun still in = can't select gears

I dunno, I see the safety reasons behind no refueling, but I think there is a better answer then just doing away with it completely. The gearboxes are electronically controlled, the throttle as well. It seems crazy to me that they were unable to work out some sort of system that stops the car taking off when the fuel gun is still attached. Maybe I'm just missing the real issue. I don't know

Aggroman: did you download the 2005 season? I've sometimes thought about watching some old races, but can never be bothered to

Yeah I've got 89-90 then 2000 to now.

This race is incredible hahahahaha holy shit I now remember why America hates f1

Tells you all you need to know about F1 & Ferrari. Screw the whole show in Seppoland for years to come to "win" a race against Jordan and Minardi. Even then they had to orchestrate the finishing order. Entrenched narrow mindedness is breathtaking.

The chances of Jules surviving are almost nill.

The fact Schumacher is still "alive" comes down to money.

They both have significant brain damage are effectively dead.

It's a horrible thing.

I was thinking the same thing. It's sad and all, but it kind of shits me when they keep saying "he is fighting". No he isn't. His body is just on autopilot. Save the term "fighting" for someone who is conscious and doing everything in their power to get back to some sense of normal as fast as possible (through rehab, etc) rather than just sitting there in bed hoping things improve.

Tells you all you need to know about F1 & Ferrari. Screw the whole show in Seppoland for years to come to "win" a race against Jordan and Minardi. Even then they had to orchestrate the finishing order. Entrenched narrow mindedness is breathtaking.

or the Michelin guys could have slowed down for one corner...

• Like 1

Wasn't the 'plan' that Michelin cars had to run through the pits every lap

I remember being on holidays at a relatives place, staying up by myself just so I could watch the race. Then being very disappointed in what happened

they wanted a chicane to slow down the field as to not cause the issue, other suggestions were for all michellin runners to go to the back of the grid.

it then went to "lets put the chicane in and none of the michelin runners will score points"

Ferrari said no, FIA sided with the fez and that was that

they wanted a chicane to slow down the field as to not cause the issue, other suggestions were for all michellin runners to go to the back of the grid.

it then went to "lets put the chicane in and none of the michelin runners will score points"

Ferrari said no, FIA sided with the fez and that was that

that's one, slightly skewed, interpretation of events.

The FIA made it clear they would not alter the track to suit one tyre manufacturer at the expense of another. Fair enough imo.

They also pointed out they did not have time to design and build a chicane they could ensure would be safe in the time available. Again, sounds fair and resonable.

The Michelin teams had the choices of:

- taking T13 at a speed their equipment could handle,

- running through the pitlane each lap to ensure their drivers could not exceed the limitations of the Michelin tyres,

- flying in a different spec tyre and having some sort of penalty.

Bear in mind there was only 6 Bridgestone shod cars, so even if all of them finished in the top 6 positions, there were still points positions left on the table for the Michelin cars.

The Michelin teams refused all of those options and instead issued an ultimatum to the FIA to install a chicane so they wouldn't lose out to Bridgestone, otherwise they would not run.

Michelin's fault for bringing an unsuitable tyre and for the way they chose to handle the issue. I guess the last word is that Michelin elected to refund all ticket holders and hand out 20,000 tickets to next years GP to avoid litigation from the US fans.

Edited by hrd-hr30