SAU Community

Dump and Front Pipe combinations

Hi ppls

In your experience, would there be a lot of diference between the following (Assume the Cat is a Batmbl big one and the Exhaust is a Fujitsubo Power Getter):

Standard Dump Pipe with Blitz front pipe.

Split Dump Pipe and Blitz Front Pipe.

Batmbl combined Dump and Front.

CESRacing full split Dump and Fron combo with wastegate gases joining rest of exhaust about 4-500 mm down the line.

I'm torn you see.

I have the Standard Dump with Blitz Front, and I'm wondering if its worth the money to upgrade the combination...

All help appreciated.

Guest Robo's

In your situation i would be definately upgrading to a split dump and joining to your Blitz front. Your exhaust can only flow as good as your first restriction and i believe it would be in your stock dump. Even the BATMBL front pipe is bigger than the stock front.

I have the BATMBL dump. but if i could get my hands on a split dump i would love to try it as when the wastegate opens there would have to be some turbelance with the exhaust turbine which doesnt help flow.

Bastard.

I want one.

Wanna do a comparison thing for us....

A dyno run before fitting anything, a dyno run with the cat back, and a dyno run with all the bits.

I'll pay for one run as a service to SAU..........

Or maybe a nice workshop is reading this and would help us out by not charging us four runs............

Anyone?

This is interesting, and I am all for a free flowing exhaust... BUT my GTR with the HKS GT2530's and everything that goes with, makes the same as others with the same mods. However I don't have aftermarket dumps and I'm still using the stock cat, the rest of my exhaust is aftermarket. Yep! I'm still using the standard "big time restrictive dumps"... :confused: well so am I.

There's the argument that:

- split dumps are better because they split the gases

- then you have HKS split which are only 150mm long "similiar to CES splits", but this is apparantly not effecient, and some will say you need the TRUST combined front pipe & split dump where the split meets around 400mm down rather than 150mm like the HKS.

- then you have companies like mines who have a dump with no split just a big muther opening..

- then you my tuners tell me save your dosh because the gain on dumps is very minimal, based on dyno testing.

still :confused: ..hmm so am I ! Didn't mean to throw this at ya. :)

Yeah I'm up in the air about it too.

Looking at the R34 cast dump, it can only be restrictive!

But Hypertech told me that there is very little difference also. Maybe 4 or 5 at the top end.

But surely, response would be better?

I'd really like to see the Boost Curve with diffent combos on......

I'd say on the stock boost you would find little gain with the stock dump, but the response would likely change. At higher boost there is a definite change with the BATMBL style in the midrange and the exhaust note..

I'd sell the expensive engine pipe and probably pay less for the combined dump pipe and come out ahead. They are easy as hell to fit but make sure you use anti-sieze paste on the threads.

In reality, when you look at the turbine outlet and the wastegate outlet diameters I see little need to go split on the standard turbo. There is a definite flow impedance designed into the stock dumps however.

Later down the road I will probably be putting a to4 on and at the moment just have a cat back on a 33gtst. I am in the same sorta boat as bass junky Most cost effective is dump and front in 1 (non split) ie. batmbl or flyn and is CES wank factor for the price (How much did you get urs for Daz) ? I can get a 3inch front pipe cheap but split dumps r still expensive. What do u guys reckon i should go with? Maybe getting a local exhaust shop to have a look and give me a quote on making a split one up. Dandenong exhausts made a nice one for a friends rex.

sorry to hijack thread :(

Hi ppls

In your experience, would there be a lot of diference between the following (Assume the Cat is a Batmbl big one and the Exhaust is a Fujitsubo Power Getter):

Standard Dump Pipe with Blitz front pipe.

Split Dump Pipe and Blitz Front Pipe.

Batmbl combined Dump and Front.

CESRacing full split Dump and Fron combo with wastegate gases joining rest of exhaust about 4-500 mm down the line.

I'm torn you see.

I have the Standard Dump with Blitz Front, and I'm wondering if its worth the money to upgrade the combination...

All help appreciated.

What about a HKS dump pipe?

Crazo

That's what I'm talking about.

they sell for over $500 new.

At that price, would be better to sell my front and buy the CES racing one.

Decisions...

Enrico... Ultimate Performance Imports have an R33 HKS Split Dump pipe on their page for $350.

Wont fit an R34, but will fit yours.......

Sorry of rthe hijack but I've got a custom stainless split dump pipe for sale if anyone's interested. Was only used for a few months before an engine rebuilt and other mods made me change. Asking $250 but open to offers.

Pm me for pics and details.

I'm not fully sure of where it was made because i bought it off INASNT when i bought his turbo at the end of last year. The thread for the dump is still here but the dump is not as shiney now due to use, still the same part tho in good condition tho.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...light=dump+pipe