SAU Community

Fs Accident Damaged 299Awkw R32 Gtr 1989

R32 GTR Japanese Import. With Australian compliance plate. Previously registered in Canberra
Huge Trust intercooler,

Z32AFM, Rays Engineering wheels, two are f*ed but the tyres are good (scuffed from track day at Wakefield)
Whiteline suspension.
Upgraded custom front disks and calipers. Spare disks and coilovers (n
Fibreglass bonnet is scuffed but not cracked.

Front bar was off the car and is intact/undaamged
Upgraded turbos - dont know what they are, but there's a Garage Saurus ECU that came with the car, HKS boost controller.
SARD Hard piping. Upgraded radiator,
Tower struts, Body brace.
Lots of goodies. .
IS REPAIRABLE, NOT A WRITE OFF. But you would need new front right guard, Door, glass, and roof section.
I was going to repair it but circumstances have changed.
This car was making 299KW reliably and was leaner on fuel than my stock R32 GTR (which I have sold).

Used to run at Wakefield on club days, and was quick.
Has a lot of nice features including red skyline lettering inserts on the boot.

Had $8000 on it, will take $6 grand cash, not a penny less, and will deliver for the cost of diesel.

Cheesewire restraining barrier at around 15 km/h. Nose went under it, the bruises are from the wire inside the car. Dangerous stuff...

post-8901-0-53693600-1417773686_thumb.jpg

post-8901-0-73517100-1417773701_thumb.jpg

post-8901-0-17092500-1417773728_thumb.jpg

post-8901-0-06117000-1417773766_thumb.jpg

post-8901-0-03566200-1417773788_thumb.jpg

post-8901-0-52291200-1417773808_thumb.jpg

post-8901-0-95135200-1417773834_thumb.jpg

post-8901-0-42809400-1417773868_thumb.jpg

Is repairable... That would need a shit tone of money thrown into it to even get it close to passing rego. Scrap for parts because no one's going to be 6k for a car in that condition.

btw wtf did you do? drive it off a cliff?

Wire restraining barrier. As I said. Impact was around 15km/h. Nose went under it, the wire took the momentum and swivelled the car sideways.

It is repairable, talked to a panelbeater also a few guys at Wakefield. Parts are available from Japan, around $1700 in new roof, right rear, door pillar panels, $450 for a secondhand door and guard, $200 in bonnet repairs. $2000 in caraligner and another $3.5k in paint. Its a 300kw car, not a stockie. Or part it out and get around $11k in parts.

Wire restraining barrier. As I said. Impact was around 15km/h. Nose went under it, the wire took the momentum and swivelled the car sideways.

It is repairable, talked to a panelbeater also a few guys at Wakefield. Parts are available from Japan, around $1700 in new roof, right rear, door pillar panels, $450 for a secondhand door and guard, $200 in bonnet repairs. $2000 in caraligner and another $3.5k in paint. Its a 300kw car, not a stockie. Or part it out and get around $11k in parts.

Or get a car with intact drivers door pillar/roof, drill the spotwelds, they were all machine assembled so welds are in exactly the same place.

Otherwise I will do it myself on the rotisserie.

11k in parts?

Sorry didn't read that part.
Still going to be hard to sell. not many people want to buy a car that f'ed up just to fix it. I'd love to buy it
Wouldn't you get more than 6k if you wrecked it? if you did in fact but 11k worth of parts for it.

so its been through insurance hence classed as repairable write-off by insurer and not repairable deemed by your opinion?

Yes insured through Shannons, and bought back, its not on the register at all. Hhad a panel beater look at it yesterday, he reckons front tie rod is bent (they are apparently soft), no front chassis damage, unsure about the cradle but probably no damage, there's a small dent in the rear sill chassis rail but is not a fold, so will pull out. A right rear GTR cut, drivers pillar, and new roof, door trim/window, and front side windows. Rear cradle looks OK as well but cant tell until you get it on a hoist and measure it properly.