SAU Community

Fs Accident Damaged 299Awkw R32 Gtr 1989

At a guess early twenties, and they were bankrolling it apparently...
... so many effin tyre kickers.

... one guy telling me yesterday I must have been doing at least 80km/h to do that to the car. "Wild Ride hey" One of those people that likes answering his own questions rather than listen to yours.
... another one came with a trailersaid yeah "no worries sounds good" then turned up offered me $4 grand. "Best I can do buddy"

... another turned up offered me $3 grand "yeah mate all I can afford at the moment".

I had another look under neath, front left bottom suspension arm is bent back a bit, steering and everything else looks straight, so going to swap that over and take it for a wheel alignment and get them to check it on the hoist, find out exactly what is bent and how much. Then I think Ill fix it and flog it for $18 grand. With 100 octane and 300 kw. :)

• Like 1

of topic, but where did you find 100 octane? never seen it before.

If i was you i'd fix it myself and either keep it or then sell it for above 10k. it's 300 kw so it's worth saving it.

United has it in Canberra, so does Shell I think.

I sold my other GTR, dont have the $ to keep it maintained, but Ill be buggered if Ill give this one away for peanuts.

Yes insured through Shannons, and bought back, its not on the register at all. Hhad a panel beater look at it yesterday, he reckons front tie rod is bent (they are apparently soft), no front chassis damage, unsure about the cradle but probably no damage, there's a small dent in the rear sill chassis rail but is not a fold, so will pull out. A right rear GTR cut, drivers pillar, and new roof, door trim/window, and front side windows. Rear cradle looks OK as well but cant tell until you get it on a hoist and measure it properly.

I didnt know you can buy back from insurance company and the vehicle doesnt get recorded as a write-off-stat or repairable. If true, am interested pending your suspension checks you stated you are going to get done.

Edited by Nozila

Insurance companies can "write off" a car financially, meaning it's not worth the money fixing it.

Doesn't mean it's unable to be repaired or recorded on a register, or necessarily has to be fixed. A mate had a vp commodore smashed into. Insurance wrote it off financially, he got the money and kept driving, just kicked out the dent (rear quarter)

This looks like a potentially good buy.

Good luck with the sale.

Of course you can, the whole "Write off" register was developed to stop poor schmucks from buying cars that had been poorly repaired.

You can repair anything with enough time, parts and most importantly MONEY.
I will get it certified by the local panelbeaters though, so there is a certificate that it was done properly and not bogged up.

Yes it would have been a good buy, but thankfully I managed to beg enough money to pay my rates, so I'm going to fix it and sell it for $18k instead.
Interior chassis is undamaged, slight dent from the side impact in a webbing area, easy fix with fingers
Parts needed so far:

- right rear bottom suspension mount
- right front bottom suspension mount
- right front steering arm (part of rack, only has a slight bow, rather replace it than straighten it and have issues later)
- rear interior plastic window trim drivers and passengers side (clips are buggered badly both sides, more age than damage).
- drivers B pillar top section needs a tug out 7mm, rest is good
- drivers interior top door frame munted, need replacing.
It looks like roof section will mostly come back, its being held under tension by the A pillar.

Now if the effin thing would just start, no faults on ECU, everything looks OK, cranks evenly, compression is good, start ya bastard does nothing so maybe the coil control unit has packed up?

- drivers A pillar down to chassis is munted obviously).

not sure if you can insure after that point though?

• Like 1

I didnt know you can buy back from insurance company and the vehicle doesnt get recorded as a write-off-stat or repairable. If true, am interested pending your suspension checks you stated you are going to get done.

Cars older than 15 years don't have to be reported on. I had a similar situation with my 180b. I negotiated a deal with the insurance company, car was "written off", got a fat cheque and kept the car and continued driving it. Vicroads was not informed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...