SAU Community

Rb30 25 Neo Build

lcxu105

Was speaking with a bloke the other day and he said that the top deck of the block needs a different finish for the cometic head gasket. Never used them before so don't know if this bloke was telling the truth or Tring to blow smoke up my arse.

Realistically any MLS gasket needs a nice smooth surface to seal properly.

But if the block is already built, I would just spray some Hylomar on the gasket. Might work fine Dave.

• 4 months later...

Well bottom end is together and the head is at the machine shop for some valve springs and port work. 

Should have it back next week.  

Hopefully will be in the car by the end of the month.  

Fingers crossed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Ok. Im just looking at changing the plugs to run flex fuel and 26psi max boost. I know everyone has different ideas and needs. Was thinking about sticking with the factory iridium plugs gapped at .6 but instead of the 6heat range going to a 7 or maybe an 8

Any tuners want to give me a heads up or point me in a direction. 

I was thinking about those as well.  

I was going off the NGK id sheet for part numbers and did some net surfing to see what had the best bang for buck. Thats how i came up with the  BCPR7EVX.

The evx plug is fine wire and for boosted applications.  The fine wire alows the ignition system to create a better spark with less power. 

See attached pic for part number info. Please note that the ix plug is not listed. 

Screenshot_20170404-194732.png

For my own car which had a slight miss at high revs at about 320 AWKW or 425hp on the dyno with new OEM coils and   BCPR7ES my (Japanese ex Nissan) tuner suggested PFR7G which fixed the miss.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What water pump did you use. I've read around that the RB25 has an extra bolt which you may have to tap the block for. If it's not done right it could leak from the top of your water pump.

Have you thought about how you will run Internal/external feed for the VCT and front cam journal? I'm pretty sure it's a little different on the Neo Head.