SAU Community

Costco Fuel

Trex

It's a servo... they all do it by the litre

Lol next time I go to BP I'm gonna request 2 barrels thanks :laugh:

Or a cup full

Thank you for pointing it out that it's a servo. Didn't realise it was from the discussion here.

Servo pumps usually have a minimum delivery, though I can't think how much off hand.

But yes. You know just how much you're being ripped off when you see how much a company can afford to discount something. No company will sell something at a loss unless it's a very specific promotion. Gives a very good indication of markup percentage on various goods and services when you see them on sale. They'd still be making a tiny profit on their discounted rate. dream boats.

• 3 weeks later...

I've put around 4 tankfuls of the costco 98 octane through my 1gz-gte without any issues, including driving interstate, up mountains and in high temperatures with the a/c on (sometimes up mountains and high temps with a/c at the same time). Also it's running through a slushbox so often low rpm/high load conditions. If it were going to ping it would have done so.

Still not gonna put it in the GTR tho...

What people don't understand in Canberra is that there's not much competition so prices go up,plus factor in transport from the nearest pipeline or shore. basic economics. Fuel is probably sold I'm this state at 100%+ profit. That's why the servo next door reduced their price not that they run at a loss at all.

And if you look at the oil price per barrel from UAE they have dropped hence cheaper fuel. F*?n E85 hasn't dropped though!!

E85 won't drop very much as its 85% ethanol (Alcohol)... Not much of it is made from oil...

If oil halves, and lets pretend fuel prices halve, and fuel was at say $1.50 per litre you would expect ethanol to drop 11 cents... compared to your normal fuel that has gone from $1.50 to $0.75.

• 2 months later...

I believe that Caltex supplies Costco as the trucks I've seen delivering there are JLP contract and they are or were contracted to Caltex Clyde Refinery in Sydney and the Ampol at Botany delivering to most NSW Servo's.