SAU Community

time for rego

act seems weird :D

all they did for mine was eng/vin number check, made sure there was no oil leaks, did a brakes test, wheelbase check, lights test and told me that i should prob remove my ebc cos cops dont like them ;)

none of this "wheres ur owners manual stuff... weird

btw i thought 4 seaters arent allowed to have baby capsule restraints?

• 2 months later...

Right...

So does that mean that even an imported car which has been in australia and registered in say NSW for a few years still requires to go into Dickson for a rego check??

I just purchased an R33 so I'm keen to get rego in the ACT.

Paul

Yep it has to go over dickson.

Was in the same situation with my car, bought it in NSW, had been in Australia for 2 years, but as it was imported, had to go over dickson when transferring to ACT rego.

I just called the Registry and spoke to a young lady.

She was very helpful. Informed me that I DO NOT need to go over Dickson. Any authorised inspection station is fine.

This was because the vehicle has been australian complianced and registered in another state already.

She was quite clear about it.

I wonder if it has something to do with the vehicle being more the 10 years old??

Interesting that you all had to go over Dickson.

Right...

So does that mean that even an imported car which has been in australia and registered in say NSW for a few years still requires to go into Dickson for a rego check??

I just purchased an R33 so I'm keen to get rego in the ACT.

Paul

They have taken out the condition that imports must go over dickson, but

any car that has never been rego'd in the A.C.T before must go over dickson for an ID Check before it can be transfered to A.C.T rego.

damn i guess we timed it badly nick?

for those that dont know i registered mine in the ACT about 2months after nicks and i got screwed around bigtime in regard to not knowing where to go. in the end they were ok with me at dickson, a young guy dave who works there was simply wonderfull to deal with.

but its much more helpfull to be able go to a mechanic and have it checked, and 1st things 1st i'd like to recomend ed out at integra automotive in queenbeyan. as many of the guys will agree (esp nick and ewan) he's a great guy, a great mechanic, and it would be a very good idea for you to have him do the inspec for you.

but its much more helpfull to be able go to a mechanic and have it checked, and 1st things 1st i'd like to recomend ed out at integra automotive in queenbeyan. as many of the guys will agree (esp nick and ewan) he's a great guy, a great mechanic, and it would be a very good idea for you to have him do the inspec for you.

can he do ACT checks even though hes in queanbeyan?

what we need is a real skyline owner's manual. something that contains more info than the stock bits of rubbish people seem to be getting. something people can download off a site, print it off, bind it and keep in their glove box.

my manual isn't bad, fairly detailed. the pix are a bit rubbish though (photocopy of a photocopy). probably wouldn't be that tough to collate some of the stuff on this forum into a proper manual.