SAU Community

Wrx03

meshmesh, here ya go dude:

http://www.j-garage.com/4110.htm

but dont believe everything you read on the internet :P

my wrx felt alot quicker than my r34. very similar mods too, but we'll wait and see what the skyline does when it gets a new turbo :(

yeah the 01 was abit of a dissapointment but they still have heaps of potential as many of my old wrx friends are experiencing. with the added semi mechanical front diff, brembo brakes and stronger gearbox it certainly had a better platform to work on.

what 2 of my friends have done is put the US spec 2.5 litre STi blocks into their 02 and 03 STi's. The 03 STi is recording 230awkw on some pretty meagre boost apparently but the best thing was the price! AUD2.2k landed and the block is complete with pistons......how is that for an upgrade!!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is tragic- I like wrx's, I like skylines and my opinion isn't one sided.

an r32 gtr, looks alright outside, nothing to write home about inside, compared to a wrx, nice interior.. Always liked the wrx exterior, the bug eye stuff kinda ruined it but 99 models etc are damn nice.

Don't really like that many 33's.. 34's are nice but 4wd gtr is bloody expensive.

I'd grab the wrx because its a newer car, but because I don't have enough money for a wrx, back to a 32.

I think we've all lost the point here,

This was started by saying that the WRX eats gtst skylines.. not 'ide take a new wrx over a 15 year old skyline' cos we'de all choose the WRX simply bcos its brand new and costs 40K

Im not skylines biased either, i dont mind the wrx's altho they look like a beatle, but im simply clearing up some facts here;

I dont know who was driving the skyline when you beat it in the wrx, but i can guarantee you now ive never been beaten by a WRX ever, ive gone an STI before and it was infront but not anywhere near asmuch as i was infront of the wrx's

Standard the BRAND NEW 2003 WRX has 160kw and weighs (unladen) 1400kg

-top speed 230km/h

Standard an R33 GTSt from 1994-98 has 187kw and weighs 1450

-top speed approx 240km/h

Now, which is faster :rant:

And if you want, taking into the cost factor: Brand new WRX is what $40,000?

94 R33 GTSt stock $18,000 in good condition

Do i need to dig up the standard 1/4 times for you?

ok just my 2cent i owned more skyline-wrx-200sx than i care to count, but in the end i still drive a r33 gts abeilt heavily modify one,and last xmas i bought my g/f a 2003 wrx for shopping duty. it has exhaust, but it aint no beast, but i have to say the wrx is a more steerable car if you're an average driver, and it does give u the impression, that's it's going faster than it actually is, But the skyline is still my weapon of choice.

WRX drivers crap their pants when they here an external wastegated rb26.

haha u guys sure do get worked up over a few words.

i still reckon the wrx is quicker than most gtst here in adelaide. im sure there are faster cars than a wrx like a gtr but i still love the swt sound of da boxter. im still getting a skyline (r32 gts4 turbo) coz i believe that when i ad a few mods, the beast will munch on most cars on the road. :flamed:

In keeping with 15 year old technology you have to include the Liberty RS.

WRXs older bro. I test drove one b4 i opted for the r33 and was really impressed. My g/f even thought it FELT faster than the r33.

Thus in comparing a r32 gtst to a RS (same engine as the wrx EJ20T) its a close call. Wrx vs GTR no one car is better than the other...completley different cars!!!

And even my r33 gtst on paper is just 10kws and 10nm (roughly) over the RS and bout even 0-100..and it has 4wd.

I love my skyline ...but sometimes on wet days i wish i had a subi.

-Dan

i still reckon the wrx is quicker than most gtst here in adelaide. im sure there are faster cars than a wrx like a gtr but i still love the swt sound of da boxter. im still getting a skyline (r32 gts4 turbo) coz i believe that when i ad a few mods, the beast will munch on most cars on the road.  :flamed:

Dood! WRX's are sick eh? dey chop da skylines

Check dis sick WRX site out

um has anyone considered that the driver plays a factor in this argument.

Now i am a HUGE skyline fan and would defend them to the death and i believe that the line is such a better car even if it is so much older than a 03 rex. It has so much more potential and looks great and goes fast enough for a stocker imo. Also lines do not have the inherent gearbox probs and wateva driveline probs that a rex does.

Having said that the rex is pretty fast when they get going and i dont really mind them but the line is close to my heart and when i was in a rex then hopped back in the skyline, for me there is no comparison (except for a gtr or italian exotics).

i still reckon the wrx is quicker than most gtst here in adelaide. im sure there are faster cars than a wrx like a gtr but i still love the swt sound of da boxter. im still getting a skyline (r32 gts4 turbo) coz i believe that when i ad a few mods, the beast will munch on most cars on the road.  :flamed:

Good choice, you have made :rant:

After all that, he's still getting a line'

;)

What I find interstesting is all the talk I hear of people with 2 or 3 year old rexies going for motor rebuilds or replacements.

You hear that everywhere...abuse it and you kill it.

No news flash dude, heaps of dead RB20/25/26/SR, 1J/2J, 13B, etc down at the industrial docks. R32/33, JZA80, FC etc are like our VL, EA falcodores...J-kids buy them cheap A$2-3K, flog them and dump the shell and dead engine complete.

You hear that everywhere...abuse it and you kill it.

No news flash dude, heaps of dead RB20/25/26/SR, 1J/2J, 13B, etc down at the industrial docks. R32/33, JZA80, FC etc are like our VL, EA falcodores...J-kids buy them cheap A$2-3K, flog them and dump the shell and dead engine complete.

Yeah but not 2, 3 or 4 years old.

Yeah but not 2, 3 or 4 years old.

Bob next time you come to Osaka...I will show you a wrecking yard with dead 2002 RBs :D not to mention near new damaged Skylines. You guys only hear what is in Aust with mass delievered cars such as the WRXs...etc and never hear about the scene over here. You would if the Skylines were also delivered to overseas markets.

The WRX is a great car and yep they really do hual ass big time.

The 2.5Litre engine is already out in the USA, and in the UK a place is importing the USA 2.5litre engine and putting them into WRX's there and upping them to 500+hp.

500 seems to be the max limit though of the 2litre boxer.

it's a cheaper car compared to the R33 GTs-T Skyline, you can pick up 2000/1/2 cars with 20,000-40,000klms on the clock for $20,000 $25,000.

But I like the Skyline more myself, the WRX and yes I drive them here and there, would be my second choice if the skyline falls through.

Bob next time you come to Osaka...I will show you a wrecking yard with dead 2002 RBs :cheers: not to mention near new damaged Skylines. You guys only hear what is in Aust with mass delievered cars such as the WRXs...etc and never hear about the scene over here. You would if the Skylines were also delivered to overseas markets.

Fair enough. So sad.

I think we need to encourage idiots like this guy to stay out of skylines and go with the WRX crowd.

I am sick of seeing school kids with their eminem cap on driving around skylines, and watching mums and dads driving the groceries around in rexies.

Like someone said earlier, dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out to the wrx forum.

Oh and in a few years after you've grown up and matured a little bit, you will realise that theres a reason why in Japan, the country where both car manufacturers are born.. nobody could give a f*ck about subaru. :cheers: