SAU Community

Wrx03

i am still getting a line but was just saying my point of view and i am not a school kid so watch wat comes out of ur mouth coz u dont know me. if u think ur line is so fast here in aust, how come most wrx munch on u guys??? da only car i know dat will eat up the wrx is da gtr. enough said.................take a chill pill

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my stock... STOCK gts-t has beaten as many rexies as it's lost to and this is taking into account that every rexy I have raced has at least had an exhaust. My car is standard boost, turbo, cooler, exhaust. Even my rims and suspension are standard. Ive even got the standard flare!!! So if my r33 can take modified rexy's what makes you think

"how come most wrx munch on u guys??? da only car i know dat will eat up the wrx is da gtr."

GTR's will munch rexy's - GTS-T's just eat em.

PS. Franks is right about the handling and grip. I didnt like handling of the rexy at all when I took one for a little drive.

oh my!! who really gives a flying hoot??? This car is better than that car...this car does this qtr Mile... blah blah blah!

I buy a car coz it suits my wants, my rex suited my wants until I drove a GTR, the realised I obviously wanted more :).

NoLimit, if it's a WRX you want, Then why didn't you buy one???

Nolimit...Firstly think about why ppl think you sound like a school kid before asking them to take chill pills. Perhaps your views and arguments are expressed in a manner that others conceive as being 'school kid' like. :)

I've looked after and driven a MY00 rex with about 20g's spent on performance and much preferred my r33 Gtst although it is much slower. Maybe I'm biased, but i think Skylines are much more refined and feel better to drive.

Having owned and driven lots of both, if you actually sit back and look at things then you realise both are awesome cars!

But comparing them is like comparing apples to oranges..... IMHO you cant compare a MY94-MY00 to a GTR. Different price ranges and the standard rex is equal to the GTST.

Personally i took the rex, AFTER the skyline and my rex is quicker / newer/ better handling. Thats not to say the skyline wasnt just as nice. Maybe a tad slower (0.5-7sec over 1/4) but both had there advantages AND disadvantages.

Both are great cars for the money and offer heaps of fun. Neither are perfect!

If i had my way i would have the STI, 34 GTR and the EVO 8 in the garage :)

And lets leave the MY01+ outta this. Subaru have gone down hill big time, especially since the MY03 :( Ugly cars arent they :(

i know i sound like a d$#k head but i said what i said before because ive driven a r33 gtst and a r32 gts4 turbo. they both had exhaust and were running on 12psi but i felt that the wrx was quicker with the same mods and running the same amount of psi.

i know u line guys will argue but i aint here to stir up trouble. just wanted to share with you guys what i thought of da new wrx. i respect what u guys have to say about the cars but dont say crap about me when u guys dont know me.

i am still getting a line but was just saying my point of view and i am not a school kid so watch wat comes out of ur mouth coz u dont know me.

Oh im sorry, are you trying sound tough now e-thug? jerkit.gif

No Limit,

would you go onto a commodore owners forum and say that skylines are better than commodores and expect a warm welcome ????????

Its like speaking to Bush and telling him that Bin Laden is better....... don't expect a warm welcome over putting a negative on something that we are passionate about....

whether i know you or not... it's not a smart move....

and you seem surprised over some of the comments people are saying???????

Oh im sorry, are you trying sound tough now e-thug? jerkit.gif

domesticethug.jpg

Thing is, not only are his comments inflammatory, but they are stupid. Nothing wrong with making an argument backed up by some evidence, but when you just make claims with no basis in reality why are you suprised when people jump on you?

LW.

Hey, that cars nearly as ugly as a WRX.

I don't understand the wrx > gtst claim.

Really stock for stock they seem pretty equal in

a straight line from my experience. WRX gets

the jump but once the line hits 3 rd it pulls away.

4wd vs more power. In performance terms very

dif cars but both similar acceleration. But, gtst wins

cos it also looks full sik bro! (yuk that felt so unnatural

to type that last bit)

jeez! guys settle down, it was only an opinion

both wrx's and lines are cult cars in the performace scene, and for good reasons they are both fast refined sports cars. Subaru are newbies in the performce scene compared to nissan, and they deffinatly got something right when they came up with the wrx. its a nice car.

i think this has all been blown out of proportion, completly.

If he like wrx's more then let him get 1, the less ppl in Lines the better i reken, would u guys like to c skylines like we see commonwhores????

they are both nice cars leave it at that.

i am not a school kid so watch wat comes out of ur mouth coz u dont know me.

if u think ur line is so fast here in aust, how come i munch c0ck all day and all nite , fully sick, yo ???  

da only car i know dat will eat up the wrx is da gtr.  

Ok idiot. I think I might talk in your language so you can understand.Here Goes:

Fullay Sik subwoofa. Wat bout ferrarararis no i not skool dude. wrx beat ferarrarrai i kno dat won coz mi grandma smoke it in da old hoes wrx. me no lie it got some 60" chromies and fullay slammed she got fullay mad techno bopness in dat wrx.

p.s we not want to kno dat u munch willy, yo !

What did I hate most about my old WRX? Terminal understeer and lack of feed back from the chassis.

Frankly I couldn't care less how fast it is on a straight line. It helps but that's not what makes a good car a good car. The WRX handles crap. Lots of grip but you don't want to push it cause it's not inviting. The chassis feels flimsy. Skyline chassis feels far more inviting. It inspires confidence in the driver and makes you want to push it that much more. Everything from the skyline has better feed back. Step on the brakes on the rex and a skyline and you'll see what I mean.

And don't get me started on the whole understeer thing. Yeah spend $XXXX to fix it... screw that idea! I spent a bit fiddling with the WRX suspension and wasn't satisfied. I spend very little on the skyline and was way more satisfied. I much perfer a car that's built to a higher standard than go through the heachaches of modifying.

That said an R32 GTR stock would beat a 2003/2004 WRX. ( Track. 1/4 Mile )

Dont think so, BMI tested new evo,rex with a R32 GTR and a few other cars, wrx, evo walked all over the R32 on the track. Dont forget you are still comparing 15 year old technology/engine with new technology/engine.

Dont think so, BMI tested new evo,rex with a R32 GTR and a few other cars, wrx, evo walked all over the R32 on the track. Dont forget you are still comparing 15 year old technology/engine with new technology/engine.

But the R34 still conquered :( In fairness though, it was a bog stock R32 GT-R Vspec (no suspension tweaks let alone power tweaks) and the manufacturers have been pushing more and more kw's despite the gentlemen's agreement.

I think a lightly tuned R32 GT-R (ie. bringing it up to today's standards) would still give the Evo a run for its money (and would have been a fairer comparison).

LW.