SAU Community

A Reminder To Check Your Radiator Fan For Cracks And Stress Fractures

flavzz

Not on a Skyline, but on my "who gives a fk" 4wd, I found said cracks so used a CA glue and filler [ok superglue and baking powder but maybe fancier, who knows].

Fan was still going fine many years later when I sold it, inspected when I replaced the HB and it was all still together then, was actually impressed with my cheap arsed fix :), wasn't sure it would last that long, but it was fine.

I'm running the Gtech fan in the Stagea, it overheats just the same as it used to with a stock fan :)  Using an n1 water pump on a road car was a bad idea but I've never got around to pulling everything apart and changing it

*edit* specifically, if it is idling on a hot day, it keeps getting hotter until I chicken out and turn it off. If I keep the revs above 2000 it cools down again

38 minutes ago, Duncan said:

I'm running the Gtech fan in the Stagea, it overheats just the same as it used to with a stock fan :)  Using an n1 water pump on a road car was a bad idea but I've never got around to pulling everything apart and changing it

*edit* specifically, if it is idling on a hot day, it keeps getting hotter until I chicken out and turn it off. If I keep the revs above 2000 it cools down again

Lazy clutch hub not engaging properly? Even on a 35 degree day with the A/C on, mine doesn't overheat. Just the coolant hoses behind the starter decided to weep and put the car off the road for 6 months instead llolol