SAU Community

Best Bang For Your Buck Handling Mods?

Seems like you need to spend quite a bit on engine mods to really get any sort of power out of the VQ35DE so I don't think I will really bother. So I'm thinking I might invest in some mods to enhance it's drivability.

I have a 2004 auto coupe non brembo with lowest spec stock 17's. I have a set of EBC redstuff pads and DBA slotted rotors coming shortly and will probably install a set of braided hoses while I'm at it. From what I have heard the Brembo stuff isn't all that much better, they just look cool.

Other mods I'm considering

-Sway bars (whiteline? adjustable?)

-Under car bracing.

-Wider and taller wheels/tires:

I keep reading that going 19" with 245 all round is pretty good. That way I can easily do a tire rotation. I'll probably go something aftermarket as I will have more options with sizing. The wheels I have on right now are horrible and sit in way too far. Ruins the whole look of the car.

-Replacing all the suspension bushings.

-Coilovers (due to the retarded incline leading into my garage, I don't think I can lower)

Considering but probably not likely

-LSD

-Front and rear strut tower bars:

Might look nice but from what others are saying the under body bracing is far more beneficial.

• Like 1

Out of that lot sway bars are the cheapest/best.

Followed by coils/shocks.

Followed by an LSD.

The only other things worth considering are bushes (If the originals are stuffed) and grippier tyres. Note grippier tyres not changing rims for the sake of it.

• Like 1

+1 for sway bars.

no idea about the bracing on these cars in particular.. but I know on some cars they can impact safety by preventing the engine from 'ducking' under the car in a severe frontal impact, and it caves in the firewall instead.

• Like 1