SAU Community

Motorsport Round 1 - Phillip Island

ssxRicho

Hey guys,

I've entered for the Sunday now as well and looking forward to getting back out at PI and competing in the championship this year.

For those who don't know me yet I've got a VX SS Commodore with an N/A LS1 putting out around 310rwkw and I ran a 1:54.9 last time at PI. :)

• Like 1

Haven't entered yet but I will at some point.

Anyone else going for the first time?

At the briefing they usually ask if there are any first timers. Just let them know and they'll either do a parade lap at low speed or get an experienced driver to passenger with you on the first session.

Yep PIARC days they group you on times and shuffle groups during the day on times

Didn't think they did at the last one, might depend on how many entries and the time spread?

They might factor in the car class for groupings along with specified time. Both are on the My Car page on www.meecamsau.com. Most people would be E-H?

Motorsport Information

Group 5 Sprint Class 

STANDARD CAR CLASS
Class A - Up to 1600 cc
Class B - 1601 to 2000 cc
Class C - 2001 to 3000 cc
Class D - over 3000 cc

MODIFIED CAR CLASS
Class E - Up to 1600 cc
Class F - 1601 to 2000 cc
Class G - 2001 to 3000 cc
Class H - over 3000 cc

RACING CAR CLASS/SPECIALS
Class I - Closed Racing Cars up to 2500cc 
Class J - Closed Racing Cars 2501cc over
Class K - Open Racing Cars. All Capacities

actually most of entrants would be in A-D

E-H are those with engine swaps, stripped down with aero work...think richo's skyline.

http://www.piarc.com.au/files/Feb%202015%20Sprint%20Regs.pdf

Classes A, B, C & D are for road-registered cars using generally road-going equipment only. All cars using racing
tyres, or slicks, will be classified as specials, as will be excessively modified road cars. The organisers reserve the
right to re-classify cars, following vehicle scrutiny. For full details of modifications allowed in each class see Group 5
Speed Event regulations. The organisers reserve the right to amalgamate classes if in their opinion entries are
insufficient to warrant a separate class.

actually most of entrants would be in A-D

E-H are those with engine swaps, stripped down with aero work...think richo's skyline.

http://www.piarc.com.au/files/Feb%202015%20Sprint%20Regs.pdf

Classes A, B, C & D are for road-registered cars using generally road-going equipment only. All cars using racing
tyres, or slicks, will be classified as specials, as will be excessively modified road cars. The organisers reserve the
right to re-classify cars, following vehicle scrutiny. For full details of modifications allowed in each class see Group 5
Speed Event regulations. The organisers reserve the right to amalgamate classes if in their opinion entries are
insufficient to warrant a separate class.

I'm in Class H with my car when I compete at PIARC events...

Anyone that is entered and/or spectating - Please post up to confirm you are coming.

Also if you are doing a single day OR the two days (there is Prac on Sat some are attending).

I need to know for catering purposes for lunch of Steaks/Skewers and the like over the two days.

Thanks in advance!

Anyone that is entered and/or spectating - Please post up to confirm you are coming.

Also if you are doing a single day OR the two days (there is Prac on Sat some are attending).

I need to know for catering purposes for lunch of Steaks/Skewers and the like over the two days.

Thanks in advance!

In for proteins

Just racing on Sunday

Thanks in advance!

Robyn and I will be there on Sunday for sure, steak will be needed :P

Haven't entered yet but I will at some point.

At the briefing they usually ask if there are any first timers. Just let them know and they'll either do a parade lap at low speed or get an experienced driver to passenger with you on the first session.

Didn't think they did at the last one, might depend on how many entries and the time spread?

They might factor in the car class for groupings along with specified time. Both are on the My Car page on www.meecamsau.com. Most people would be E-H?

Motorsport Information

Group 5 Sprint Class 

STANDARD CAR CLASS
Class A - Up to 1600 cc
Class B - 1601 to 2000 cc
Class C - 2001 to 3000 cc
Class D - over 3000 cc

MODIFIED CAR CLASS
Class E - Up to 1600 cc
Class F - 1601 to 2000 cc
Class G - 2001 to 3000 cc
Class H - over 3000 cc

RACING CAR CLASS/SPECIALS
Class I - Closed Racing Cars up to 2500cc 
Class J - Closed Racing Cars 2501cc over
Class K - Open Racing Cars. All Capacities

I just put down Modern 2WD for the meeca site lol.

f**ked if I know TBH... I just put down the laptimes section though, I think that would hold far more relevance.