SAU Community

Motorsport Round 1 - Phillip Island

ssxRicho

Okay fine, entered for Sunday. You all had very convincing arguments. Looking at the entry list, I will most definitely be holding up traffic. My car has also just got slower, took out the tune, lost 12rwkw which makes it go from slow to slooooooooooooow. Sorry, and my bad in advance.

Put me down for food Saturday and Sunday Ash, I think I'll head down on Friday and make a long weekend out of it :)

Haha good work Juliette :thumbsup:

Nah, it was occasionally throwing CELs and putting the car into limp mode so I cracked it and ripped it out. Might do it again with a different ECU and tuner at a later date when more mods would make it more worthwhile.

Nah, it was occasionally throwing CELs and putting the car into limp mode so I cracked it and ripped it out. Might do it again with a different ECU and tuner at a later date when more mods would make it more worthwhile.

supercharger.jpg

Hey guys, Im a new member this year and I was thinking about coming down for the Saturday to learn the track, I have a stock r33 gtr v-spec what are your thoughts on how the car would perform, is it critical that I do such things as upgrade the oil cooler?

Hey guys, Im a new member this year and I was thinking about coming down for the Saturday to learn the track, I have a stock r33 gtr v-spec what are your thoughts on how the car would perform, is it critical that I do such things as upgrade the oil cooler?

I wouldnt say its esstential, but you won't be able to do as many laps before the oil temps get pretty hot

As long as you have an oil temp gauge to monitor your temps you'll be fine

As a guide on my stock GTT no oil cooler i got about 4 laps at Sandown before oil temps got above 120c

1. Ensure you have oil temp gauge.

2. Ensure you over fill the sump by 1 Litre before attempting track duties.

3. Ensure all other fluids are topped up and good to go

4. If brakes are under 30% pad, fix that up.

5. Ensure you READ the supp regs and sort things out like Fire Extinguisher, Battery point markers etc.

Otherwise you should be good to go. Long term it would be a good idea to sort an oil cooler and pay some attention to better brakes if you've not done half decent pads/rotors as at tracks like Winton you're gonna have a tough time.

There is sooooo much experience in the SAU-Vic track group, it's the best place to come if you want to do some laps in a Nissan. And if there isn't someone that can't answer your questions or help you out, then you've got something really wrong and should probably start worrying :P hahaha

Most all though remember to have fun as that's what it's all about. There are no heros at our events, just a bloody good bunch of guys so make sure you find the banners and come say a g'day.

• Like 1

It's not an SAU track day without people scrambling to add upgrades and put their car back together in time :D I'll see you guys at a few rounds this year hopefully... won't be at PI though.

sure sure, you said that last year, year b4 and I think maybe the one prior to that...(or was that turbo gasket year)

Ha! you're one to talk Martin...

car saw the track briefly last year, a few early the year b4.

Entered our Motokana this year and waiting for the SAU sandown entries to open...

so to quote this dude who used to turn up to track days

cool story bro.