SAU Community

Motorsport Round 1 - Phillip Island

ssxRicho

^ ummmm...now is probably not the time to tell you that he didn't even scruntineer my car, look at my helmet, extinguisher or car in general. I literally drove past him (at about 7:15am mind you) got a sticker and continued on my way.

Change of subject, awesome day - Ash, thanks for the delicious BBQ, SAUVIC, thanks for the garage for chill times.

• Like 2

I got the steering lock thing too... and that i need to have a key hanging out the boot lid....

just let it slide, if they actually stopped anyone racing then it night have been a different story.

I just happened to be on PI for a holiday, early Saturday morning walks I bumped into the Heasman's crew and easily got talked into heading to the circuit to check things out.

Managed to meet a couple of SAU members, checked out the R33 GTR, R34 GTR, S13, S14, S15, R33 GTSt, Commodore, and the Ginetta (from a distance).

Today was a travel day to return home, pity I missed a chance to meet more SAU members. The Vic scene looks healthy, and people approachable for a yarn. Club motorsport is where it's at.

And I finally got to see why PI is raved about - I'd like to bring my car there for a run but it's a long drive from Qld. The only negative I found was the weather down in those latitudes is everything it's cracked up to be... :yucky:;)

• Like 2

Evo Brake rotors are warped and shuddery when hot, Pads almost done...

And ABS kicking in constantly after I got some heat into the race spec nankang tyres ;)

Either way, got a few sessions in because I decided to call it to preserve my daily, was good to see how it performed out there. Would be a monster on good tyres and some fresh rotors / pads :) Was a lot of fun wrestling with it during a 4 wheel slide :D

I didn't even get out of my car during scruitineering, rolled in... he opened the boot and closed it in 2 seconds, same with the bonnet, stuck a sticker on and off I went. Didn't even look at my fire extinguisher or helmet :P

Really good day and heaps of new people to talk to! Very positive to start to the SAUVic Motorsport Season

I walked into the office to sign in, and the girl saw my SAU Shirt and said "Damn, another one of you!!"... and the guy said to her in a loud whisper "Shhhhhh, they're funding the day!"

did lol

• Like 2

First time at PI and had an awesome day!

Only managed one or two sessions but car should be right for next time

I need to get myself one of those SAU Motorsport shirts!

And thanks to Ash for the BBQ!

Did you end up having enough fuel to get home? I got home with 1/3 of a tank and 30L spare in jerries haha.

Did you end up having enough fuel to get home? I got home with 1/3 of a tank and 30L spare in jerries haha.

Yeah had enough fuel!

Only becuase i missed 2 sessions and only ran half laps of another 2 sessions .

Had about 1/3 of tank. Used 1/2 a tank and 3 jerry cans for the day still

Saw you beep on the way home :thumbsup:

• Like 1