SAU Community

Motorsport Round 1 - Phillip Island

ssxRicho

Haha if it makes you feel any better John, I don't have any GoPro footage to rub it in! But I'm sure the other guys can make up for it ;)

Actually I do! Damn GoPro battery died as I rounded the final corner on my next best lap (1:52.1504 vs 1:52.1412 so close enough!). A 51 seems so close...

That last corner entry, pegged to the floor!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally had a chance to sit down and see what i got from the weekend.

PB on Sunday! happy with that.

Saturday was ment to be a bit of fun in the Stagea that ended up not as fun.

Got a couple of laps in before radiator couldn't handle the heat.

After having to take cameras and loggers of the windscreen only ended up with one vid, lucky it catches the radiator pop.

Edited by INXILE

Have any of you guys driven to and from Winton on E85? With current economy I'm budgeting bringing a full tank of E85 and just over 100L spare to race around on and get me home... shit ain't economical!

Have any of you guys driven to and from Winton on E85? With current economy I'm budgeting bringing a full tank of E85 and just over 100L spare to race around on and get me home... shit ain't economical!

Get a trailer then...

Not worth it to drive that distance burning up E85, and if you have semi slicks it's even worse.

Yeah I wouldn't risk it. You'd need 5+ Jerry's just to make sure you'd be able to race all day and get home. I don't know how'd you'd fit them in a car with whatever else you need to bring.

Safer just to trailer it.

You're not trying hard enough! Plenty of room in a prius, should be a easy as in a skyline!

post-18098-0-95015300-1425333007_thumb.jpg

That said, the shitty economy does make it a pain in the arse for the long haul. According to the website there isn't a united beyond Somerton with E85.

• Like 1

The 86 boot must be a lot deeper than a 32 boot if you can stand the cans up as I haven't got a hope in hell of doing that in my car. I think I can fit 3 maybe 4 of the Supercheap cans in my boot.

The middle section section is a typical wheel well but only the 2 with labels are standard height cans.

The 2 yellow and outer red ones are all low profile cans like this which make life a lot easier. Can still fit these in the boot with the floor liner in place and not using the wheel well:

https://www.masters.com.au/product/900031253/scepter-petrol-jerry-can-squat-20l.jsp

• Like 1

I can fit 80 litres in the boot of the 33, and a further 50 litres in the foot wells behind the front seats. I can definitely carry enough, it's just trying to work out how much I'll need SAFELY, I'm thinking I'll need about 120 Litres to make it safely.

I can fit 80 litres in the boot of the 33, and a further 50 litres in the foot wells behind the front seats. I can definitely carry enough, it's just trying to work out how much I'll need SAFELY, I'm thinking I'll need about 120 Litres to make it safely.

Mehhhhh, I think I'll just not put the passenger seat back in my car... plenty of room for activities :) Because nothing screams safely like heading towards Winton at 110km/h with 120L of fuel in the cabin

• Like 1