SAU Community

R34 25gt Aircon Not Working?

Navbrahh

Hi all,

Firstly, I've done a fair bit of research on trying to find the issue before posting this, but haven't managed to find any useful information.

I recently converted my car to manual which involved pulling the engine out along with the gearbox. We pulled all electronics out and I have a feeling I've forgotten to connect something, but I have no idea what..

The AC works when I bridge the relay with a wire, I bought a new relay because I thought that was the issue but turns out it wasn't. The connectors at the back of the climate control unit are all connected.

Any ideas? I feel like it's something simple :/

Thanks in advance :)

When you say it works when you bridge the relay, how cold is it, as it might be low on gas and so by bridging the relay you bypass the pressure switch.

We just filled it with gas and it's still doing the same thing. We only temporarily bridged it to fill the gas just in case the pressure was too low for the pressure switch to work. We also needed to bridge the blower for the condenser as it wasn't working either. Basically, my whole air-conditioning system is down. When pressing the "AC" button on my Climate control unit, nothing happens.

When we did bridge it, the aircon was freezing cold. Works perfectly when bridged haha

When converting the car to manual, the auto-loom was hanging down and instead of cable tying the plugs which weren't being used (all of them were useless), we cut the loom and bridged the inhibitor so my car would start, all other cables are taped up and not connected.

Hope that helps!

Having a quick look, maybee in the harness that's been disconnected is were the wiring for the pressure switch runs, yet having not looked over the ac on a 34 yet I can't really say

I'll use a multimeter tomorrow and try and see if it's any of the wires in the loom which I cut (trial and error, hopefully I don't blow anything up). If you find anything please let me know! I'd rather not do what I'm thinking of doing lol.

Thanks for your help :)

Pins 57 and 48 on the engine ecu should goto the pressure sensor. I'm guessing thats the issue yet it's only a guess, if they both have continuity to the sensor then I'd be checking that pin 9 on the dcc unit goes to earth when ac is turned on, and that pin 21 and 14 on the engine ecu both goto earth as well.pin 14 on the engine ecu should also goto the ac relay that your earthing out. That could also be over in the wires near the auto wiring.

I'd be checking all the wiring that was left off from the manual conversion to see what has continuity to the ecu and to what pin

Edited by Scott Black

Pins 57 and 48 on the engine ecu should goto the pressure sensor. I'm guessing thats the issue yet it's only a guess, if they both have continuity to the sensor then I'd be checking that pin 9 on the dcc unit goes to earth when ac is turned on, and that pin 21 and 14 on the engine ecu both goto earth as well.pin 14 on the engine ecu should also goto the ac relay that your earthing out. That could also be over in the wires near the auto wiring.

I'd be checking all the wiring that was left off from the manual conversion to see what has continuity to the ecu and to what pin

Will give it a go and let you know how I go, thanks for your help! :D

Ok so I did a diagnostic test on the climate control unit. The error relates to the "intake temperature sensor", any ideas?

FYI, I pulled out the heater core etc (behind glovebox compartment) because one of the pipes the coolant runs through had a crack in it and was leaking coolant.

ok, it looks like thats the sensor that sits on the ac evaporator, the ac evaporator sits next to the heater core, and i think it uses that sensor as the thermistor/thermostat to control when the ac cycles on, and if faulty would cause the ac to not run, if you checked pin 9 of the climate control unit and it doesnt goto earth when you turn the ac on, then thats going to be your problem.
post-92228-0-49400800-1421750563_thumb.jpg
post-92228-0-86651700-1421750588_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scott Black

b92747b89e.jpg

ok, it looks like thats the sensor that sits on the ac evaporator, the ac evaporator sits next to the heater core, and i think it uses that sensor as the thermistor/thermostat to control when the ac cycles on, and if faulty would cause the ac to not run, if you checked pin 9 of the climate control unit and it doesnt goto earth when you turn the ac on, then thats going to be your problem.
attachicon.gifac1.jpg
attachicon.gifac2.jpg

That's the reason my air-con wasn't working, that plug which is circled in red was disconnected :/ such a pain in the arse to get to but i got there in the end :D from what I know, that plug was the intake temp sensor.

• 11 months later...