SAU Community

Android 7 Inch Headunit Install

post-92734-0-96807000-1422585716_thumb.jpg

Just finished installing my android 7 inch headunit using the genuine dash kit not the metra. Came up pretty good, even the steering wheel controls work without using a control box, because the headunit has a 2 channel steering wheel control connection.

• Like 3

Wow good job my tablet is still sitting in a plastic window mount I'm so lazy:D

But all you need to get is a blue tooth obd2 plug and software......

This is what I have obd2 cost me $10

Software $5 from Google play store

It works like magic

Top Job Mate B)

post-136584-14225958961984_thumb.jpg

post-136584-14225959350486_thumb.jpg

post-136584-14225959526404_thumb.jpg

Its a nu3001. Android 4.4 2gig ram and 1024 x 600 res. Sounds like a bad red but its the largest you can buy for android and looks crisp. I have the Bluetooth version of the obdii dongle also. Haven't tested it with this car yet. So the head unit has 2 Bluetooth receivers so that torque can run all the time with your phone.

^^ I bought one of those bluetooth OBDII dongles (that one above exactly), but it won't work with my V35, or my wife's J31 maxima.. I guess it might just be a faulty device?

Hmm didn't realize that there was a jodb2:blink: anyway that obd2 dongle works fantastic B)in my hyundai i30 and toyota prado 150 it tells me allmost everything and let's me clear faults code n and tells me the fault.

I have it running on my Samsung galaxy S4 via bluetooth and it's fast no lag maybe half a second:p

Sorry if I caused any confusion.;)

But it's just an idea that I think is cool to have.;)

Looks excellent... but where exactly do you plug that OBD2 adapter in your V35 Skyline... I've had one of those adapters for 12 months and didn't think it was compatible with my car... so I just forgot about it...

I have Torque Pro and would love to use that adapter with my V35!! :)

I did a little research there is OBD, OBD 1.5,

OBD2 which is the standard

Now Europe and Japan Wana be special so their is a additional EOBD and JOBD.

Some OBD I I adapter say it's compatible with JOBD and EOBD the one I saw was $19

The only thing that I found that it may have additional emissions read outs and the Japanese might in their symbol of writing helps if you read japanese.

I can't guarantee that's correct. Unless someone can 100% confirm that info.

Also if you live in perth I don't mind if you test my obd2 scanner out I would find it interesting.

My Garmin OBD2 bluetooth dongle, that talks to my satnav for Trip computer info, additional gauges, fuel consumption logging and error codes etc...

Did not work at all on my NM35, and actually gave the sat nav a minor heart attack.. On my wifes XC90, fired up first time worked perfectly.

Also worked without any issues on my KV36, as by now most Nissan have standardised to the global set up.

As Nathan has said only one that will work on M/V35 Nissans is the HKS OBD or a Consult III.

And back on topic;

The install looks great and I am sure that the funcionallity is awsome.. Many years ago I had a 7" Android tablet on a windscreen suction mount and it worked really well for nav and phone (it had a voice/data sim). In the end it was too much faff and was too big to be safe for the mount I had and went I to Garmin and sun visor Bluetooth, but it was great at the time.

Edited by nickcorr

• 1 month later...

This looks really good, been reading into these headunits lately.

Do you have the OBD working, and can you export video to the popup screen? would be handy to have gps on the popup and something else like a music app on the main, so you don't have to look down as much