SAU Community

Powerfc Diagnostics

edizio

I was curious today about diagnosing issues on my car; there's currently nothing I can notice wrong but if I have a powerFC, how do I diagnose what would previously come up as 'check engine light' issues?

Currently, the powerfc only flashes the check engine light for knock and injector duty reaching max but what about other issues? On my impreza, I used to be able to connect two wires together and read off the fault codes from the 'morse code like' flashing.

I can see the sensors on the PowerFC and see that the voltages are sensible but is there anything else I can do? i.e. how do I know if HICAS/4wd have faults?

I can see the sensors on the PowerFC and see that the voltages are sensible but is there anything else I can do? i.e. how do I know if HICAS/4wd have faults?

Well, there are dedicated HICAS and ATTESA diagnostic modes that you can enter by doing a little dance routine. Google for how to. Trouble with those is that they often require the sensors that might have failed to be working as inputs to trigger the mode. ATTESA diagnostic can be triggered from the CU itself though I think, to that's easier.

Otherwise, the best way is to plug a scan tool into the Consult port and interrogate all the CUs directly.