SAU Community

No More E-flex At Caltex Pendle Hill End Of February 2015

Andrew R33

• 2 months later...

Couldn't take the price rise, so I got it retuned back onto 98. Just got it back from Jez, still got a sweet 218rwkw. Will be nice having more than one pump to fill up from :)

What a tight kent! Pay $600 - $800 for a tune to lose power and gain what maybe 3 or 4L/100km? Seems like false ecomomy to me. The money spent on tuning back to 98 would still outweigh your fuel bill ;)

Eflex is still 20c cheaper than E10. I dont care how much it costs i will never use petrol again!

Sell your skyline and buy a VW polo 1.2L of turbo fury and you will get 6-7L/100km in Sydney traffic..

• Like 4

I was gonna have a Flex Tune done on the Stagea, but that would have meant the expense involved in buying a new computer (it's been running a PFC for about 7 years now) and having it tuned to suit, which was more than it was worth seeing as it's hard to get E-flex fuel on any of the roads that I regularly travel. The Caltex at Girraween would have been closest (and just around the corner from Unigroup too), but I rarely drive through there.

It was a combination of things. Not just the price rise but the being able to just go and fill up where ever I happen to be at the time, makes my life a lot easier, especially since the E85 pump I was using is not as close to me as it used to be since I moved. Jez mentioned that Nistune can do a flex fuel setup now, and that would have been cool, but with needing a timing belt done as well, didn't have the coin, maybe something for the future since he has both my tunes available for me now.

Also, e-flex might be 20c cheaper than E10, but at the United it's more expensive than E10, it costs the same as their regular unleaded.

@pol1on1 the retune was $880, included draining the fuel tank of the E85 that was left over after the drive up there.
Edited by cherring