SAU Community

R34 Gtr Garrett -5 Turbo Lag, Need Advise

baicai

hey stix

im doing identical setup except im keeping stock cooler pipes for the "its bog stock" look. did you need to change to hard pipe or just wanted to for obvious reasons.

what boost did you use for that power on 98

Problem with stock cooler pipes is they pop off with high boost pressure. It was something we had to do. Its sitting at 1.6bar for 402kw max injectors. 1.4bar is what it is set for the street.

Forged bottom end and a after market oil pump would be a must for me if i wanted to make the most of -5's.. No point in having -5's if your not going to 8000rpm.

I've seen results from well sorted stock bottom ends with -5's making power without reving past 7500 so when 9's dont cut the mustard theres no other choice really except 5s and chase response.

The problem is there are to many people who want to build an engine because it make 10kw more then factory, when its been proven the rb26 will take over 400kw at the wheels without being forged

lol i accidentally quotd myself lol

but in saying that my engine is getting built with Tomei pump and the other usual shit to make the most of the 5's like you said earlier

undecided atm but is on the cards i do know if i go that route ill end up with -10s.

just wanna keep things simple n looking stock. last car i built n tuned myself was tidy as big power and cops f**ked me. so i bought a Ducati 1098s lets just say it turned me of cars altogether for years

Edited by mr skidz