SAU Community

R34 Gtr Garrett -5 Turbo Lag, Need Advise

baicai

Why does it step from 3.5 to 4? Why not go 4 inch from the merge?

What's a bronze finish?

Not too sure why from 3.5 to 4, guess I could ask twin 3 into 4 right through.

I think the cheaper option is unpolished stainless steel, and the bronze is polished polished?

You lol, 10 million different opinions on how to do it

Comes down to how much you wanna spend, setting up a high powered GTR for track duties is an expensive exercise if you want to do it with some sort of reliability.

If I were you,

Keep 2.6, Sort out the exhaust, standard Intercooler, standard cams, fuel pump with wiring upgrade, ID 1000/2000 injectors AND put -9s in it with cams gears dialed for response

That's for street duties and will net you 350ish rwkw.. Sh1t starts to break and get expensive from here on in

For track your gonna want a sump baffle, decent oil pump (oil restrictor depending on pump flow), oil cooler, catch can... If your going that far shit put a stroker in it with a new valve train.. See how it doesn't end?

Haven't even started on brakes and suspension when it comes to track.

BTW -10s are a no no on a 2.6

Got coil overs and running toyo r888 semi slicks 295/30/18 atm. Only got projuct mu pads on stock brembo brakes, would like to upgrade to something like R35 brakes but can't find any for sale atm.

fark..... get another quote from somewhere else... unless you want to show the under your car you can get mild steel with a stainless rear muffler for the $1200 mark. shop around mate

Price was from Liverpool exhaust, would prefer stainless steel as want to keep it for a while and don't want dents or bumps, can any one recommend another exhaust shop?

Price was from Liverpool exhaust, would prefer stainless steel as want to keep it for a while and don't want dents or bumps, can any one recommend another exhaust shop?

Hakan at performance exhaust, Northmead.

Speak to Chris at Racepace.

You can have your cake and eat it too... 342rwkw on small turbos. Response and power.

Racepace built engine

Small custom turbos not far from stock - Ask Chris

ID 1000 injectors

Nismo AFMs

Splitfire coils

Nismo FPR

Power FC

DarrenDyno.jpg

• Like 1

Lol you don't go to Liverpool Exhaust and ask for advice, you tell them what you want made :P.
  • Like 1

I don't even think 35 brakes would for under an 18 inch wheel?

Got LMGT4's so should clear R35 brakes. Got quoted Ap racing 6 piston front 4 piston rear kit installed at eye watering $8000! That's why I thought R35 brakes might be cheaper second hand.

You can have your cake and eat it too... 342rwkw on small turbos. Response and power.

Racepace built engine

ID 1000 injectors

Nismo AFMs

Splitfire coils

Nismo FPR

Power FC

DarrenDyno.jpg

Thats good power with little lag, what turbos you got?

Got LMGT4's so should clear R35 brakes. Got quoted Ap racing 6 piston front 4 piston rear kit installed at eye watering $8000! That's why I thought R35 brakes might be cheaper second hand.

with r35 brakes you need and adaptor to fit the front caliper and the drum for the hand brak needs to be made smaller, not hard but something that needs to be factored in when pricing them

I had my exhaust done at windsor, from CES comp series dump pipes I got twin 3" twin 3" cats into single 4" with 4" center muffler through to 4" HKS super Dragger cannon I moded myself, was like $1240 fitted in mild steel

I have -10s and my car is for track and they work well upto 26psi :)

But then I am using a 30 :D

Racepace built engine

ID 1000 injectors

Nismo AFMs

Splitfire coils

Nismo FPR

Power FC

DarrenDyno.jpg

^^ This!

A good street setup.

Thats good power with little lag, what turbos you got?

A Racepace Special Hybrid :)