SAU Community

R34 Gtr Garrett -5 Turbo Lag, Need Advise

baicai

If you don't mind high mount for the EFRs then just buy their twin kit :thumbsup:

Me, I'd prefer the stock manifolds and to have the turbs in the factory location :)

Can even use your factory style front pipes with the EFR kit. The full race dumps bolt upto it.

But looks like a disaster under the bonnet

Hi guys, so picked up the HPI dump pipes today. Spoke to the seller and he said the dump pipes should connect to my existing nismo weldina dual 2.5 inch exhaust as the flanges are the same size. I thought the HPI dumps are 3 inch and won't work with my existing exhaust. To cut the story short, I won't have the budget to get the new dual 3 inch exhaust until later this year, my questions is will the dump fit onto the nismo exhaust and is it worth doing it now or wait for the new exhaust and install it all together?

If your stock dump pipes fit then something tells me that the hpi ones will aswell

I think he means there is going to be a lip going from the 3 inch internal diameter dumps to the 2.5 inch front pipes.

Just do it all at once. Bugger doing stuff multiple times.

Personally I don't find the standard system that hard to work on, there are a number of people here who have seen me get the turbos off in 2 hours

can i pay you 2 hours labor next time i need mine swapped?

lol, well it still a bargain even if its a half job??

id then have the option to purchase the re install or

i could now afford to tow it and finish it off myself having saved a fortune and not slicing the f@#k out of my baseball mit hands that fit nowhere.

so for the record im still keen

can i pay you 2 hours labor next time i need mine swapped?

yep sure thing! one question tho, how do you intend to get it out of my driveway with making a mess? Cause I won't be shy to charge cleaning fees

yep sure thing! one question tho, how do you intend to get it out of my driveway with making a mess? Cause I won't be shy to charge cleaning fees

Ready yourself.

The PMs are coming

:D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, quick update. Took the pods off and changed back to airbox and took it for a few runs (taking piggaz's advice). Couldn't really tell if there are any improvements with lag, feels about the same. It's alot quieter though so I'll leave them on for a bit and see. What I did notice is that after the first run I left the car idling for a few mins, then going for another run it felt slight loss in power. It seems that the R34 Gtr power is affected by under bonnet temperature. So perhaps the airbox is better when in stop/start traffic.

Will report back with next mods hopefully in a few weeks, just saving up a bit.