SAU Community

R34 Gtr Garrett -5 Turbo Lag, Need Advise

baicai

In saying that the first thing I noticed when changing to a 3.5 inch y pipe collector was how quick they spooled up in comparison. Quite a noticeable improvement from 3800 and had to adjust the ebc to stop a spike.

• Like 1

Here's a dyno of the Z-tune with same exhaust as mine except it's titanium. Much better graph but I guess it's all the work done to the motor internally that makes the difference. So now every one knows much power the Z-tune really makes, he he.

post-137648-0-96722500-1446182273_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

So after 2 years its finally time to bring a conclusion to this thread. Most of the lag has been fixed since last dyno run and only 2 parts were changed.

Replaced stock twin turbo pipe with Nismo inlet pipe, this I think made the biggest difference to the response and driveability of the car. Boost was slightly higher and coming on earlier as well. Despite what some people have said, this part made the biggest difference for me.

2nd part was changing the exhaust system. Replaced the nismo exhaust (3 inch) with mine's front pipe and tomei 3.5 inch exhaust. This lowered the restrictions and improved top end.

So in conclusion for low mount twins for driverability and reduce lag, best bang for buck is better merger of twin turbo pipe and bigger exhaust. All other mods such as dumps pipes, intercooler, intercooler hard pipe, decat, etc although made a small difference to mid-high did not do much to low-mid and driverability.

Dyno graph to follow.

Edited by baicai
spelling

• 3 weeks later...