SAU Community

Nismo Super Coppermix Twin Plate For Rb25det

Hi Guys,

Have a few questions as I've been burning through a clutch every 2-3 months..
Decided to go with the best, the super coppermix..
My car is running 260rwkw atm and was wondering if its okay to go for twin plate?
Will it do damage to my standard rb25det gearbox?
Or should I go the single plate?

What are my options?

thanx

Is there a chance the installer f**ked it up? I got it done at a reputable race mechanic
I've had all premium clutches and they don't last very long..
I do clutch kick it on the street a fair bit.. But I don't think i thrash it enough to only last 2-3 months..
I've had all exedy HD Clutches, ORC clutches, and currently an NPC organic (meant to hold 350rwkw) (lasted the longest 3 months)
the NPC has just started slipping.. NPC Was the best so far..

I wanna go the best of the best now.. (Nismo coppermix)
See how long that'll last me..

Is it ok to go twin plate? Or should i go single?

Thanks for the advice

AFAIK the NPC 250mm organic is only good for 300kw. Its suited to driving in traffic, not for getting smashed doing drag launches. Exedy HD are similar style of clutch. The coppermix single in that link looks to be a similar thing to the NPC organic.

What is the car used for? Did you tell NPC what you'd be using the car for?

Is there a chance the installer f**ked it up? I got it done at a reputable race mechanic

I've had all premium clutches and they don't last very long..

I do clutch kick it on the street a fair bit.. But I don't think i thrash it enough to only last 2-3 months..

I've had all exedy HD Clutches, ORC clutches, and currently an NPC organic (meant to hold 350rwkw) (lasted the longest 3 months)

the NPC has just started slipping.. NPC Was the best so far..

I wanna go the best of the best now.. (Nismo coppermix)

See how long that'll last me..

Is it ok to go twin plate? Or should i go single?

Thanks for the advice

There is definately something wrong if you kill a clutch in 3months considering my clutch in my drift car which basically spends all the time its being used being clutch kicked all day and I got 2 years out of my old clutch which still wasnt at the point of slipping when I changed.

Taken the car to race pace. hopefully they will sort the problem out ~
He recommended an exedy cushion button so we will go with that for now.
Does anyone know if its okay to install a nismo twin plate in my rb25 for future references?

Thanks

The most important thing for a clutch is to bed them in properly, that is drive it normally till it gets a full contact patch which takes 500-1000Km.

If you dont and start abusing it or laying power through it, expect it to start slipping and burn prematurely.

I know someone with a XR6 turbo that went through 4 clutches in 1 year, all different brands (he blamed each brand each time), the fifth one was another one of the ones he first tried but this time he actaully followed the correct bed in and its lasted years now.

The other thing is most copper and ceramic based friction materials prefer some heat to work properly, that means some heat in the flywheel before power is pushed through them.

The last point was brought up to me in a meeting with Exedy one day, they were telling me that most failures of copper and ceramic based clutches they make, come from lack of heat in the assembly before power and abuse is put though them.

Slip a ceramic button = gonna have a bad time

Constantly dump an organic = gonna have a bad time

Pick one to suit your application and a clamping level to suit your power, then ask the manufacturer how to run it in.

After doing this, if it happens with multiple clutches, the only blame rests with the installer or the driver.

I have only had my Coppermix C Spec Twin for a short time but it is so good to drive and if it holds the power as the boys have said ( I believe them) it is a great clutch and worth paying the extra $s to get it, as it will save you money in the long run..

These blokes have driven hard Klms with this clutch, most over 4000AWKW :)

• Like 1

Excellent clutch and strong gearbox. You'll should have no issues. However with only 260rwkw you shouldn't be destroying clutches anyway. So there is something else wrong and I'd guess you either abuse the clutch (ride it) or the push/pull adapter is not fully releasing the clutch.

Does it smell when you drive it hard?