SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

Take it to a new tuner, drop the car and see how much more power it makes.

I would NOT be surprised if the figures are fudged to make them seem similar to previous result, therefore making CRD appear not as stupid

• Like 1

Pete, I find it hard to believe that the bigger duration cams mad as much response as the smaller cams.

Also find it hard to believe that the larger exhaust didn't make a difference.. Unless the Cat is now restrictive. What size was is the cat?

Also can you post these "diary" results Pete?

Power seems low. With my 2.6, I had 422kw @20 psi on 98 with the smallest t51r. Yes I understand that it's not the same turbo but I don't think yours would be 40kw atw lower given a bigger bottom end

Also it took them that long to do all that? Did they list specific days and how long they worked on it?

Apparently the cams are a restriction

:/

Yes , as every one knows Paul, your hideous White Whale choked with these cams , no bottom, middle or top end , no wonder you are pissing it off , oh, I have a forged 26 bottom end for sale , I know how you love them :whistling:

Might put the Poncams B back in :/

Might use the other cams for road base

Power seems low. With my 2.6, I had 422kw @20 psi on 98 with the smallest t51r. Yes I understand that it's not the same turbo but I don't think yours would be 40kw atw lower given a bigger bottom end

Also it took them that long to do all that? Did they list specific days and how long they worked on it?

Totally different turbo.

Fatz just went 399 at 22 psi with the same turbo on a 2.6 on E85.

Pete went 386 on petrol at 22 psi.

Guys seem to see STROKER and expect 92736262718126 kW.

Give it a gut full of E85 and wind this thing up. It won't win dyno comps, never will but to drive it on twisty roads, no hunk of shit, gutless, twistless 2.6L "revvy" *rollseyes* GTR wil catch it on the same setup.

For the restrictions that it's got/had with the 3 inch dump pipe, I'm not sure what people are expecting. 450 kW on petrol, you're dreaming!!!!

• Like 1

Totally different turbo.

Give it a gut full of E85 and wind this thing up. It won't win dyno comps, never will but to drive it on twisty roads, no hunk of shit, gutless, twistless won't catch it on the same setup.

For the restrictions that it's got/had with the 3 inch dump pipe, I'm not sure what people are expecting. 450 kW in petrol, you're dreaming!!!!

Oh, your so cute when you are mad :wub:

Are you crushing cans tonight :cheers:

And as for noisy top end with these cams but quieter with the drop ins. I have the same cams, springs and retainers. My top end noise is no louder than any other GTR with say a set of poocams. Are the clearances set correctly?

• Like 2

Doesn't sound that bad Pete. The new dump will improve response, something you should really feel driving it rather than see on a dyno. Obviously the turbo was selected for response so that's why its running out of puff up top on a 3.2 and why the bigger dump isnt making much difference in the top end. Don't stress about it. As long as all the tuning is done right so you don't have the previous issues. Don't worry about e85 either, it would be a head f**k for a daily seeing that its becoming more scarce. See how you go but I recon it should be exactly what you want. Hope so anyway. :)

• Like 1

Totally different turbo.

Give it a gut full of E85 and wind this thing up. It won't win dyno comps, never will but to drive it on twisty roads, no hunk of shit, gutless, twistless 2.6L "revvy" *rollseyes* GTR wil catch it on the same setup.

For the restrictions that it's got/had with the 3 inch dump pipe, I'm not sure what people are expecting. 450 kW on petrol, you're dreaming!!!!

post-89815-14348799658506_thumb.jpg