SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

Leave the poor guy alone. I would also be very edgy after everything he has gone through with this car.

True. Sorry mate.

Sometimes a bit of friendly banter gets taken the wrong way if your not in the right frame of mind.

But the main thing is that Pete beat the Tiida .... That's the main thing even at 10000 rpm. Would have sounded awesome.

• Like 1

Bit angry today Pete

No mate, its all good fun :)

I have never said I was any type of gun driver, I just like cars :wub: had a 911 and a TT300zx I used to push a bit, but I was a kid, 50 year old.

Everyone has their preferences , mine is a car that dives like a street car, one that has a bit of grunt from down low.

Do not need 3000 idle Ben, is that how you blokes do it. Me at 2500rpm and want to get it going in any gear drop down 1 gear and away you go, LOL

But serious it is great on the twisty stuff, so much fun. Not sure you could do the same on tight one lane roads with a T88 or something else that gives you 700 or 800 peaky HP, but I can only guess as I do not drive fast GTRs , just my heap :)

My car is the best fun you can have sitting down, well , a lap dance maybe ?

True. Sorry mate.

Sometimes a bit of friendly banter gets taken the wrong way if your not in the right frame of mind.

But the main thing is that Pete beat the Tiida .... That's the main thing even at 10000 rpm. Would have sounded awesome.

Keep the banter coming mate, that is what makes the Forum fun, farken love it :banana:

Have you got your car back yet Pete?

Not yet James, had an email this morning saying it looks like the leak has been fix but they will do some more tests over the next couple of days to be sure .

Not sure if they will be doing a new Dyno graph , soon see I guess ?

Things are looking up :)

• Like 1

At 70, I hope to be a much much more bitter and twisted old man than you. Pretty sure I am now at half of 70.

Oh don't worry mate , I was very bitter and twisted at 70 but now I am 73 I have matured , guess it comes with age , LOL

Just thinking to myself.... I feel more anxiety over and your car in than my own. Ha ha. Ha. Might have to drive up from Melbourne so you can take me for a spin when you get it back.

Just thinking to myself.... I feel more anxiety over and your car in than my own. Ha ha. Ha. Might have to drive up from Melbourne so you can take me for a spin when you get it back.

HAHA, that's why I have chilled, I left the anX to you. I lie , I had / have enough anxiety for the both of us. It's been a long 9 months :)

And it's not over :/

Edited by Nismo 3.2ish

They are probably just putting the head back on now pete, takes more than a few days to strip a motor again, lol... :ph34r: apprentice stuffed up again..

Thanks Mark, now my head is exploding thinking about anther 5 months getting the motor re built :bomb_ie:

No problems, I will be picking it up VERY soon and looking forward to a little spirited driving to see how it is running :)

Got a date for pickup? Good RB30 blocks are getting harder to find.

They are going to do a few more tests and I should know by Friday :)

Just hope I got one of the good ones, they did all sorts of tests on my RB30 block, like below

ENGINE MACHINE WORK INCLUDING HOT TANK BLOCK, ACID

WASH , BORE AND HONE , BALANCE ENGINE COMPONENTS.

DECK BLOCK, MACHINE BLOCK FOR O/S HEAD STUDS,

MACHINE WORK FOR AWD ADAPTOR AND ENGINE BRACE KIT.

MACHINE SUMP RAIL TO TRUE UP ENGINE BLOCK.,RELIEVE ENGINE BLOCK FOR 3.2LTR STROKER ENGINE.

1.000 SONIC TEST AND XRAY ENGINE BLOCK TO TEST FOR SUITABLITY

Sounds like they did their best