SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

haha, thanks

Hope I do not get too bored too soon, well the builder should get bored before me, he had it longer :)

When you get bored just put a bigger turbo on it. Response gets boring quickly.

I will look out for your next thread, titled ' I love my car BUT its missing something' ha ha

I think you should relocate that number plate just quietly.

And I hope you don't have another misfire. That would be beyond a joke

I like it there, no obstruction for the air and you do not have to bend it at each end to go into the original position , a lot of Plates look like they have been nailed on, see great looking Rs and shitty plate positions and conditions ?

Not worried if it is missing again, I am not going back to Sydney and I am sure I will find someone closer and go from there.

Shit mate if everything worked the thread would closed and my life as I know it is over :(

When you get bored just put a bigger turbo on it. Response gets boring quickly.

I will look out for your next thread, titled ' I love my car BUT its missing something' ha ha

Just watch this spot mate, I might have to steal your name for the thread :)

I never got sick of a car with response and have been loving response for over 55 years, but it took about 2 klm to hate lag and want to sell the car.

Big turbos are exciting and I am sure my car would be great with a big modern turbo, that is, if I could ever use it :/

Each to his own mate, just got to love cars and driving them :cheers:

Big turbos are exciting and I am sure my car would be great with a big modern turbo, that is, if I could ever use it :/

Old wives tale........ You can always use it..... He he ....... Always. :D

Old wives tale........ You can always use it..... He he ....... Always. :D

haha, but getting it up to 7k and dropping it at the lights or out of Woolies car park is not a good look, fun no doubt but is frowned upon by the boys in blue :)

Where is the RPM on that Graph?

Is it 300kw just under 4000rpm?

Max torque is extremely early - beauty of 3.2L ay.

I want to compare my graph - same power just .6 of a L down.

Edited by Stixbnr32

haha, but getting it up to 7k and dropping it at the lights or out of Woolies car park is not a good look, fun no doubt but is frowned upon by the boys in blue :)

Mmmmmm, some falsely say it is the case. Never had to do it myself. I think people talk a lot of shit really, or just don't know how to drive.

Where is the RPM on that Graph?

Is it 300kw just under 4000rpm?

Max torque is extremely early - beauty of 3.2L ay.

I want to compare my graph - same power just .6 of a L down.

The next tune I have done will have RPM and you will bet a comparison , I find these Dynos without the rpm to be a pain. I will try and have the few things I need done ASAP and it should be interesting to see if they can do more with the tune and cam dialing ?

Is there anyone reading this that can put the revs to the KPH.

Paul was saying that I have lost 5.2KW but at 18.5psi not 22psi on the last tune , as you can see the psi drops off from 24psi @ 351kw and makes full power @ 18.5psi of 381.7KW, so I guess it really did not loose anything with the new dump ??

Stuffed if I know how it works :/

The next tune I have done will have RPM and you will bet a comparison , I find these Dynos without the rpm to be a pain. I will try and have the few things I need done ASAP and it should be interesting to see if they can do more with the tune and cam dialing ?

Paul was saying that I have lost 5.2KW but at 18.5psi not 22psi on the last tune , as you can see the psi drops off from 24psi @ 351kw and makes full power @ 18.5psi of 381.7KW, so I guess it really did not loose anything with the new dump ??

Looks like your making the same power with less boost. That's a result of a better dump (good thing)!

Also what Hadouken is saying may also be true, the spark could be blowing out which is why there is now less boost.

If this is the case there's an easy solution to this problem.. It's just more $$$

Mmmmmm, some falsely say it is the case. Never had to do it myself. I think people talk a lot of shit really, or just don't know how to drive.

You might be right about the driver , me :)

I had a T78 so not a new age turbo but it was hideous as a DD , but I guess we all have our own idea of lag for a STREET CAR, " not track or hill climb." as I know shit all about this type of driving, but I know once the revs are up they are great.

Turbo is too small. Turbine housing too small which restricts flow and chokes the engine. In this scenario you have no choice but to cut boost.

It will be interesting to see what an e85 tune does because if it makes no significant difference then the turbo selection is the problem.

• Like 1

Looks like your making the same power with less boost. That's a result of a better dump (good thing)!

Also what Hadouken is saying may also be true, the spark could be blowing out which is why there is now less boost.

If this is the case there's an easy solution to this problem.. It's just more $$$

New coil pack ?

Interesting that the boost tapers of so much, would be alot better if it could hold.

What wastegate and what boost controller peter?

Turbo is too small. Turbine housing too small which restricts flow and chokes the engine. In this scenario you have no choice but to cut boost.

It will be interesting to see what an e85 tune does because if it makes no significant difference then the turbo selection is the problem.

He said he cut the boost , but I do not understand that as the last tune was 22psi and this was at 24psi to kick off and dropped off to 18.5 psi?

I put the PT6262 CEA Turbo on it as a 2.6l, left it there to see how it goes.

Personally I do not care what E85 does , I cannot buy it here, just like having the option and would love to feel the difference from pump .