SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

I never had the fuel under 1/3rd , they told me not to go below 1/4 until I get a surge tank if I am going to push t a little,

I suggest to get this sorted before you take it again, not nice play Russian roulette with a new motor.......

• Like 2

It's not the valve springs is it.. Those cam lobes are very aggressive

Same springs and retainers as what's in mine. There shouldn't be an issue unless there was a mega mess up installing.

Having said that, if it's coughing in neutral, it won't be springs as there is no boost.

I suggest to get this sorted before you take it again, not nice play Russian roulette with a new motor.......

t will all be done and I will be very careful until it's done.I never really push it under half full and my pushing is not like you blokes drive :)

Things are looking up, my builder called me and we were talking about the car and he has put in a starter motor for free and going to run a 3.5" Dump and Cat for me "no Charge" so it will be 3.5" all the way. That was a great offer :banana:

Just a matter of finding out where the water is going , a re tune and off we go :)

• Like 4

Good work Pete, when do they think you'll have it back with a new and improved tune?

Hi James, not sure mate, but I would think he will do it ASAP, might get rid of a bit of back pressure and and flow better ?

Depends on the DBs if I will look at a quieter muffler that still flows but I will wait and see how it sounds and go from there as this exhaust was pretty quiet, well quieter before the build :/

NO, I free revved it and sitting on 5500rpm it started farting.

They have to work it out, all they have to do is drive it , they will fix it, no problem :)

I just wonder if they tweaked it yesterday on the dyno, it never went over 7000rpm without sounding like you hit the limiter but it is set at 8500rpm

doesn't have a neutral Rev limiter does it?

Factory ecus do it, should be possible to program it.

doesn't have a neutral Rev limiter does it?

Factory ecus do it, should be possible to program it.

No mate, I am running a new Haltech Platinum Pro 34GTR and the limiter is set at 8500rpm.

I think it has a limit of 4 or 5000rpm until the motor is running at a normal driving temp around 70 degrees. I never drove the car hard until it was hot.

Got me stuffed, ran to 8000rpm + on the Dyno when being tuned and when I just took it into Sydney on Monday :/

But it will be fixed soon and I will be a happy camper :camping:

Holy crap!!

They must be reading this thread haha

Let's hope so, so many injustices here.

Good Pete, glad they are making things right for you.... As they should. Make sure you post up vids when you get it back.

Great news, Pete!

Will they be doing the flex tune and winding it up to see what numbers this can punch out?

Not having it done yet, I am still trying to work out what I will do with the car after I get it back and see how it is going

Let's hope so, so many injustices here.

Good Pete, glad they are making things right for you.... As they should. Make sure you post up vids when you get it back.

I always said they would fix any of the problems, shit happens and after you have waited for a build to be finished and run into a few probs when you get it back it gets you frustrated, living so far away just adds to the frustration :yes:

It will be interesting to see what difference the 3.5" dump and cat make when it is being tuned ?

I always said they would fix any of the problems, shit happens and after you have waited for a build to be finished and run into a few probs when you get it back it gets you frustrated, living so far away just adds to the frustration :yes:

It will be interesting to see what difference the 3.5" dump and cat make when it is being tuned ?

You'll break 400kw with it I bet.

You'll see how much difference a good dump does.

Yeah i agree i just had a good dump! Feel so much lighter! :D

Great news on the car Pete i think thats the least they coulda done being the high end customer you were! Your build wasn't exactly a budget build so why they left pieces of the puzzle out like dump pipes etc before the tuning process was beyond me?!

• Like 3