SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

If its ignition problem it's only a matter of time until it eventually becomes a problem again..

Pete you can either do LS coil packs or wire in a morristech igniter if it becomes a problem

• Like 1

Whats wrong with the tune? I thought it was all sorted

I do not think it is sorted, the way the boost is dropping off, something is wrong. I did not have a chance to do another rirve this morning

Doing some other work and then getting a new full 98/E85 Flextune but only after everything checks out .

If its ignition problem it's only a matter of time until it eventually becomes a problem again..

Pete you can either do LS coil packs or wire in a morristech igniter if it becomes a problem

It will all be checked out Joey, there has to be an answer to this :)

If were mine I'd be going to JEM for future work, seen enough guys on here get results, I might even take the drive from QLD, hahah, nah too far..

Haha, yeah, that's too far, they say that Jez is pretty good , lets see what he can do :)

• Like 3

Everyone talking about this response down low - I bet he has a stack of it.

But he doesn't have any RPM to play with after that.

I am sorry it is not good enough in my book.

It was Pete's choice to have it this way. Don't be sorry because you don't like it.

Hey pete, got a vid of some 600hp GTR's , give you some motivation to get on the track and enjoy... lol...

Yeah, liked this. I have watched it before and always good for a second or third squiz :)

It does make you want to give it a run :thumbsup:

It was Pete's choice to have it this way. Don't be sorry because you don't like it.

Yes it was my choice and do not regret it, maybe I was pissed off a few times, but when it is sorted it will go hard to 7500rpm but starts 2000rpm earlier, 900Nm is not too bad . So it is like someone else's car going to 9500rpm, but starting at 5500rpm. I like the idea my motor is not revving its head off.

when I first got the car it would go to 10,000rpm +, but :no: :no: Thanks.

Even with the crap I went/going through , it was worth it and it is not over yet, different tuner with a different approach may get more of what I want, if not and it runs freely to 7500 maybe 8000rpm , I will be more than satisfied and it will be more than I need,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I still want it, haha.

Not compared to the T78 in the 2.6 once it kicked in @ 6000rpm and then your head would fall off, so NO. I think after you have had a bigger turbo on, it ruins you a little as far as the initial boost feeling goes :/

Now it is more linear and feels very strong and starts to get going @ 3000rpm but still keeps you in the seat until you take your foot off...

I want to take it past 7000rpm. (my kids on holidays and very time consuming :) I will try to do that this morning just to see what happens, I thought it missed a little around 6500rpm but have not had a chance to confirm it yet?

Just took it to 8000rpm, went freely to 7500 and fell off to 8000, limited at 8000rpm , I was told.

So from 3000rpm to 7500 it is pretty good, so 4500rpm to play with , still wasted on me , but love it:)

It will be interesting to see what the dyno reading would have been if it could have held 24psi instead of dropping to 18.5 psi ??

Just took it to 8000rpm, went freely to 7500 and fell off to 8000, limited at 8000rpm , I was told.

So from 3000rpm to 7500 it is pretty good, so 4500rpm to play with , still wasted on me , but love it:)

It will be interesting to see what the dyno reading would have been if it could have held 24psi instead of dropping to 18.5 psi ??

I haven't yet needed/been able to to rev mine past 7000, maybe I'm driving too soft Pete!

Would be interesting, but I doubt it can flow much more air than it currently does at that rpm on a big capacity, hence why dump mod didn't change much?

I haven't yet needed/been able to to rev mine past 7000, maybe I'm driving too soft Pete!

Would be interesting, but I doubt it can flow much more air than it currently does at that rpm on a big capacity, hence why dump mod didn't change much?

I would not often take it past 6000rpm, just a test run to see what happened . Straight line diving, haha

See how it goes with the next tune