SAU Community

No Grid Girls At World Endurance Championship

Autoblog has reported that there will be no Grid Girls at the 2015 World Endurance Championship.

What do you think?

Personally, I don't really see a need for Grid Girls and they're a little tacky. I'm an avid MotoGP follower and I feel that their presence on the grid just seems a little strange.

I hope this is a PranK !

Haha... I see what you did there...

I wonder what the driving force behind this change is?

If it's feminism, which most likely is, and I'm with you PranK on not really needing them as it is mostly about the cars. But what's next? The Environment is up there in the hot-topic list with Feminism... will this open the gates for EPA governed motorsport?

Watch this space.

This is so sexist! I can't believe men are stopping women from being apart of motorsport.

I think all women should go braless or topless to show these men that they can not and will not tell you what you can and can't do!

• Like 7

Those poor Grid Girls missing out on potential income. Then the Feminists complain that women are still earning less money than men.

Lose/Lose

• Like 5

About time. It's a totally pointless idea.

If you want to look at chicks try the internet. Apparently there are sites out there with chick pics. Some of them don't even have clothes on.

But are they anywhere near a car?

google says there are approx. 69,600,000 choices for "naked girl near car". I've clicked through the first hundred few hits, just for research purposes, of course.

Try telling me this site doesn't provide a public service!!

Those poor Grid Girls missing out on potential income. Then the Feminists complain that women are still earning less money than men.

Lose/Lose

Exactly. Especially with motogp, if the teams are going to pay someone to stand there holding an umbrella then they might as well pay someone who's easy on the eye.

You can go on about how tacky it is, etc, but the teams are also in the marketing business and having promo girls would generate more merchandise sales than some sweaty fat bloke with a beard.

I don't see the problem with it at all, it's entertainment, what next? taking the cheerleaders away from the footy? ha! good luck

But then again we live in a time where everyone is offended by everything ever, even if they have no involvement with it at all

Exactly. Especially with motogp, if the teams are going to pay someone to stand there holding an umbrella then they might as well pay someone who's easy on the eye.

You can go on about how tacky it is, etc, but the teams are also in the marketing business and having promo girls would generate more merchandise sales than some sweaty fat bloke with a beard.

Aren't a lot of the MotoGP "Grid Girls" wives or significant others of the riders in a lot of cases?