SAU Community

r34 ecu error codes 17 & 46.. what the?

hey everyone,,

my car was misfiring a bit recently,,,, so first thing i did today was run the ecu diagnostic,,

ran the engine for a few mins,, then ran the diagnostic,, and came up with error 17 & 46,,

thought it might have something to do with the car not being warm enough,, so i wamed up the car,,, but it still showed the same error,,,, while i was there, i ran the 02 sensor diagnostic,, that came out fine,,

wierd thing is,, last week i was only getting error 55,, i.e all good,, and now am getting 17 & 46,, and i can't find out what these mean,,,

car seems to be running fine,, i.e boosting,,,, had the plugs checked out few weeks back,, they r fine,, injectors are clean,,

anyone got any idea's?

AFRO

... mmm i have some misfiring in my r34 gtt ...

i think its the coils .... i donno about the error codes ... (not sure )

easy way >> if u know any one with r34 gtt ... try to test ther coils ...

any mod. on u'r car ... ???

, none,, except exhaust,,,

everything else is standard,,,

i also checked all the coils,, they all had about the same resistance,, can't remember how much it was,, but they were all the same,, so i figured it wouldn't be the coils,,,

i sprayed wd40 in all the connectors i could get to,, but still the error keeps coming up,,

its wierd,, coz the car seems to be running fine,, except for the misfire here and there,,,, but its the error codes thats got me baffled,,

hmmm,, my abs light isnt on,, fuse isn't blown either..

and still getting 17 & 46,,, just went and checked again to make sure,,

might try out my abs tomorrow to see if it makes any difference,,

ya,, its got me stumped,,,

How do you get into diagnostic mode to being up the error codes on the 34?

same way you do the other skyline,,, find the diagnostic plug,,,,

its under the driver's side dash... have a look underneath,, the dash,, alsmost inline with the accelerator pedal,,, (i think),,, there should be a small black cover,, take that out,, and on it will be attached a grey plug,, i used the paper clip method,, u get to diagnostic mode,, i'll try to take pics to show where the plug is,, but you should find it fairly easily,,

type in "paper clip ecu" in the search path, and i'm sure u'll come up with something,, if u get code 55, than all is fine with the ecu diagnostic

either way,, i still have the errors,, its so annoying,,, car is running perfectly,,,

thanks, i'm getting check engine light, slip and the TCS ;)

Which two sockets do I put the clip into?

Ed

have a read of this

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...=paper+clip+ecu

more for the r33,, but once u find the plug on the r34,, the process is the same,,

note,, diag shown for the plug pins is upside down in that thread,,

good luck

hey guys ....

done it to my R34 ...

code 55 .. :cheers:

.. i made a switch .. for it ...

dose it tell if there is somthin wrong with the coil packs ..???? help guys ... ( coz i have missfiring ... ) tel now i didnt know whats really wrong with the car ..

any body can list the code for R34 ... not sure if they r the same as the R32 ,R33

thanxx

Hi Afro

ylwgtr2 wasn't correct with his comment "bnr34 code 46 is an abs code,and theres no 17 listed."

If you have a R34 with a RB25DET (he might be using r33 data) code 17 means -

ABS-TCS control unit circuit

- Throttle control unit detects malfunction in the system (open throttle sensor harness etc.)

- TCS/ABS control unit detects malfunction

A 46 means -

Throttle Motor sensor signal circuit

- Throttle motor sensor input voltage is approx. 4.8V or greater (open circuit) or less than 0.3V (short circuit) for predetermined time.

So I'd say you have a throttle or electrical problem...

Hope that helps.

Ian

hmmm i would have to disagree with you on that one ian,and agree at the same time.....BNR34(GTR) code 46 Is definately an ABS code.....I understand that he has a ER34(GT-T) thats why i stated BNR and not ER....I posted the info as a guide as ER and BNR "may" be the same....Although i shouldve posted that part!!72 is the BNR 34 TPS code

hmmm i would have to disagree with you on that one ian,and agree at the same time.....BNR34(GTR) code 46 Is definately an ABS code.....I understand that he has a ER34(GT-T) thats why i stated BNR and not ER....I posted the info as a guide as ER and BNR "may" be the same....Although i shouldve posted that part!!72 is the BNR 34 TPS code

Yep, I understood he had a ER34(GT-T) and for that car the codes are as I mentioned (it's the same car as I have:-). (44 on his car would be a coms problem with the ABS..)