SAU Community

Engine Will Not Start On Occasion Help

speedieG

Hi guys i have a 2000 gt-t r34 skyline.. the car starts every time no probs when cold, but after driving it a while when i go to restart it wont, just keeps turning over.. but this does not happen all the time,

i have been told it could be the ac sensor but im not sure thats right as if it goes it wont start at all? could it be coils? or perhaps a water temp sensor? as i said it doesnt happen all the time so its hard to pin point the problem... any feed back would be awesome ty

Battery is new... and winds over fine just wont fire... if i keep trying to start it the battery will go flat naturally which i did before but when i tied it up to jumper leads it fired up.. the **** who put the battery in before i think has the wrong one as the terminals are too small for the battery and the *** bashed them on squashing the terminal on the battery a little... but like i said it starts fine when cold every time..

The temperature sensor in the bottom of the radiator is only used to switch on the condenser/overheat fan that comes in when your coolant temp is at 94 degrees.

There are two other sensors located on the plenum/water inlet. One is a single wire coolant temp sender, which is used for the temperature gauge. And the other is a two wire coolant temperature sensor, used by the ECU.

What you need to do is isolate the problem. When it's hot and cranks but doesn't fire, does it have spark, injector pulse, fuel pressure? If you can determine these you will be able to pinpoint the problem. Eg Fuel pump, crang angle sensor, ECU etc.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Cool thanks, the only reason I asked is because my idle control feked up and for ages I couldn't figure out why. Car ran fine at start up then hunted once the loop changed

.. When I pulled the radiator the wires to that sensor were worn through.. Hopefully this fixes when I start her in a couple of weeks

Of topic but yea