SAU Community

Rb26 Spins Another Set Of Bearings

My understanding is N1 pump flows slightly more than factory Nissan.

Also, only revving to 8300rpm with 1.5thou clearance on rods and mains which is by no means large.

I've had it put forward that the oil filter relocation/cooler kit was installes incprrectly, so lines crossed and trying to push past the one way valve. Some gets through but not enough. Also, I'd say the pressure sender would read full pressure but the mains and crank would be getting SFA oil flow.

The last owner rwcieved the car back after work that required messing around in the oil filter block area. It had spun bearings when he got it back, i rebuilt it (like i have done plenty of times with other motors) very clean, oil galleries blown out and all clear. I just hooked the oil lines up the way they came off. I'm not sure of the correct orientation but id say I have a very likely cause here. F######

Is your crank grub screwed, or does it have the factory plugs?

What about the block? Did you drill and grub screw the main oil gallery at both ends, so you can push a cleaning plunger through from the main oil bearing oil feed groove to the main gallery?

I've heard of the incorrect thermostat hook-up killing engines before too...Multiple times too sadly...

It's n1 with aftermarket billet gears. Flows plenty for my application and strong enough for a stock rpm street motor.

My reasoning is that N1 GTRs in LeMans ran 24hour races on stock n1 pumps. I have bigger issues

bent crank? get a new one dont risk it even if its straight now.

replace oil pump.

replace oil cooler core as it could have metal in it (mine did).

Check turbos as they could have metal in it (mine did) and to rebuild.

Clean engine and make sure no issues. Crack test block.

See how you go. 2.6L is find if you already have the kit. Everyone here wanks on about 2.8L kits but meh.

• Like 1

There is nothing fun about tractors. I don't mind some lag. Not 2540s lag though, gah. The GTSSs I had previously would have been perfect on e85 with 330-340awkw

I think firstly I will have my block inspected before I go buying a whole rb26, absolute worse case I need a new crank and a line bore/machining. If it needs a line bore or too much stuffing around I'll go get a stock 26 and bolt my gear on.

My reasoning is that N1 GTRs in LeMans ran 24hour races on stock n1 pumps.

Are you sure about that? I think you'll find that's how the Nismo pump came about.

Yeah there is a thread on rb26 building on skylife that talks about it.

I'm not sure why I shouldnt use my new N1 pump, being that ita not the standard sintered metal gears, its aftermarket billet 4340 gears by spool imports. TWO-06L ran 11300rpm on stock n1 gears and ran low 9s. Oll be lucky to push 8000rpm+ on a street motor with stock clearances. Ill be fine.

Yeah there is a thread on rb26 building on skylife that talks about it.

I'm not sure why I shouldnt use my new N1 pump, being that ita not the standard sintered metal gears, its aftermarket billet 4340 gears by spool imports. TWO-06L ran 11300rpm on stock n1 gears and ran low 9s. Oll be lucky to push 8000rpm+ on a street motor with stock clearances. Ill be fine.

SO after all this time....it isnt actually an "N1" pump

No its a spool billet n1 copy I suppose u would call it. There is about 5 other posts earlier where i said "n1 pump with billet gears". Effectively as strong as any other billet set.