SAU Community

Big Turbo Using Nos To Spool It.

Hi guys have any one done a setup using NOS to spool a big turbo.

I was reading on google that this is possible but cant seem to get my head around how the system would work. From what i gather you would need a fuel/NOS injector. But would it be before or after the TB.??

I also read that you would need a pressure switch to turn it on and off like a pressure switch.

From what i gather it basically get rid of lag and can leave with full boost.

Im look for a diagram of the lay out. Does anyone have any links to how it would be done. ?????

Pretty sure it depends what NOS kit you have etc

Everyone I know running it on rb25's has it controlled by the ecu (mainly Vipec) to switch on at 2500 switch off at 4500 ish rpm when Vct kicks in yo for the exact reason you state to take away a bit of lag

No diagrams or anything from me though sorry

Edited by bcozican

I was reading around. Please look at the attached photo. But after reading it and looking a zex kit thats ment to do the same thing. The info i believe said on number 7 to place the fuel/NOS injector after the TB. I thought it would be before. Im drag racing a gtr. Rb26. With a gt42r. Would like to leave with 30psi. At around 9k. Its getting a bit clear in my head and may just buy this zex kit but the pressure switch look weak.

post-37293-1430880525637_thumb.jpg

post-37293-14308805545473_thumb.jpg

If your just trying to spool the turbo I'm pretty certain you can put it a few inches away from your turbo in the exhaust manifold

Will reduce the life of your turbo though

Looking to spool the turbo with trying to cause a fire. But i have heard of many ways that system works. Some guys bypass fresh air and duct it in the runners of the turbo manifold. But lots of guys in the states are doing this NOS METHOD to get boost off the line. From what i hear it works good. Nothing like the old bang bang methods. I just thought i would read up on it before i experience it first hand. I lile to understand how things work in my head before trying them. Check out this link of a supra using it.

I was reading around. Please look at the attached photo. But after reading it and looking a zex kit thats ment to do the same thing. The info i believe said on number 7 to place the fuel/NOS injector after the TB. I thought it would be before. Im drag racing a gtr. Rb26. With a gt42r. Would like to leave with 30psi. At around 9k. Its getting a bit clear in my head and may just buy this zex kit but the pressure switch look weak.

Have a look here, it's a RIPS install from NZ...single fogger just before the plenum:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/75197-r-i-p-s-nitrous-install.html

snosinstall007cl7.jpg

This kind of depends on other aspects of the setup. Forgive me but is the car a GTR like your avatar picture? and will it be a manual trans?

Nos will help you get the turbo going when you're on the transbrake but if you're driving a manual 4WD then just set up launch control on your ecu with a clutch switch and full throttle launch it. Or am I missing something

Sadly i have a manual. But ive heard of guys having manual shift and still using nos to spool the turbo off the line. Using a boost switch to control the injection of nos. No thatd not the car im using in my profile photo. Its a r32 gtr

So let me ask this. What would be you guys recommendation for getting the car leaving the line with boost. What ALS would you guys pick.

works killer best mod ever for big laggy turbos. even a 50hp shot can bring a big turbo on so much earlier.

Full throttle switch, arm switch and rpm switch are necessities, a decent ecu should have it there ready to go.