SAU Community

New Wasteland Wa Topic

Hattori Hanzo 69

I like Japanese stuff, Cusco and Kazama are always good.

I've been meaning to pick up the Cusco rear brace that goes on the back of the 33 strut towers just because it looks better than the top mounted one and matches the front. Without modifying the rear parcel shelf. I put some new rear alpine speakers in the back a few weeks ago and it was a hassle to remove just for speakers. Any thoughts/opinions on what would be the best? I would assume that the top would be the best for rigidity and strength to match the front and the rear for body rigidity? Love the look of the Cusco stuff.

I've been meaning to pick up the Cusco rear brace that goes on the back of the 33 strut towers just because it looks better than the top mounted one and matches the front. Without modifying the rear parcel shelf. I put some new rear alpine speakers in the back a few weeks ago and it was a hassle to remove just for speakers. Any thoughts/opinions on what would be the best? I would assume that the top would be the best for rigidity and strength to match the front and the rear for body rigidity? Love the look of the Cusco stuff.

Seems no one is too interested in car talk? I bought a sushi roll a few weeks ago and wished it was a t-bone steak or a t-box or a x-box?

14 hours ago, Beyond Blue R33 said:

I'm looking at either a Kansai or Autoselect brace for my front and what ever for the rear. Finally got around to rebuilding my front hubs/struts/brakes last night. Time to look into doing the rears

Its that time of year where its wet, cold and cars get neglected lol im waiting for funds to do the big brake coversion, new tyres, gearbox rebuild and the 30/25 engine build lol

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Beyond Blue R33 said:

18 hours ago, Beyond Blue R33 said:

Seems no one is too interested in car talk? I bought a sushi roll a few weeks ago and wished it was a t-bone steak or a t-box or a x-box?

Lol, these were posted 2 hours between each other?

Haven't had much personal experience with rear tower braces an a 33, can't imagine you're going to notice much of a difference between the 2 styles. Which ever one is easier to fit/will work for you.

On 5/20/2017 at 10:19 PM, Beyond Blue R33 said:

We have m.s.t. and s.s.t. at work it's 101.6 mm o/d (4") and 1.6 mm or 16# thick (for exhaust systems) 70mm would be 2 3/4" o/d. And the same thickness. Most stuff to do with heating and flues is 304 s/s 0.7mm thick because of its heat transfer properties. We sell it by the metre in s/s and m/s at work (the 16#) If you know what you want and let me know will be cost price:-) or Jarrahdale heating and cooling or perhaps kounis metal industries have the crimped lapped and swaged 0.7mm at God only knows what price. Will post a pic of the 0.7 crimped and swaged from my heater.

suprisingly, 100mm zincalume downpipe is not cheap from stratco. 

$75 for 2.4m

• Like 1

@z00key  if you dont mind can you check out what these are worth. thanks

Beko DIN38450 14 Place Setting Fully Integrated Dishwasher

Model: 837624  SKU: 837624

Asko D5536FI Fully Integrated Dishwasher

Model: D5536FI SKU: 721345 

Asko D5546FI Fully Integrated Dishwasher with Cutlery FlexiTray

Model: D5546FI  SKU: 721346

suprisingly, 100mm zincalume downpipe is not cheap from stratco. 

$75 for 2.4m

I will get you a price on a 3m 4" o/d length m/s and s/s from work which would be 16#. but would assume even at cost price would be expensive. I only build the stuff so have no idea on pricing. The price is saved by using the thinner guage material (0.7ish) and having the proper forming machienes like stratco. Loads of heater shops will carry it in the 0.7mm s/s but like stratco at a profit. I was going to use some 5" 16# tube a few years ago or same stormwater pipe filled with concrete so I could paint it with with marble paint look for AWSEMONESS on my gazebo but just got 100mm square posts sanded them back and stained them in Japan black because was going to cost a fortune in steel or pipe and concrete?

34 minutes ago, Beyond Blue R33 said:

I will get you a price on a 3m 4" o/d length m/s and s/s from work which would be 16#. but would assume even at cost price would be expensive. I only build the stuff so have no idea on pricing. The price is saved by using the thinner guage material (0.7ish) and having the proper forming machienes like stratco. Loads of heater shops will carry it in the 0.7mm s/s but like stratco at a profit. I was going to use some 5" 16# tube a few years ago or same stormwater pipe filled with concrete so I could paint it with with marble paint look for AWSEMONESS on my gazebo but just got 100mm square posts sanded them back and stained them in Japan black because was going to cost a fortune in steel or pipe and concrete?

ill hunt around tomorrow for a better deal. surely someone selling the thin 0.7mm stuff has it cheaper than that. 

im also going to get the fire at its absolute max with heaps of small stuff and find out the absolute max temps im going to encounter so i know how much metal pipe i need before i can change to PVC. 

• Like 1

ill hunt around tomorrow for a better deal. surely someone selling the thin 0.7mm stuff has it cheaper than that. 

im also going to get the fire at its absolute max with heaps of small stuff and find out the absolute max temps im going to encounter so i know how much metal pipe i need before i can change to PVC. 

Max it out. R+D. Your a animal!

ahhh finally im on days off... painting to start tomorrow

and ive been secretly making a heated coffee table underneath to keep feet warm on the cold mornings