SAU Community

Hi!

My R33 Sedan has been converted to manual with a RB20 box and a HD clutch, i have found that the clutch pedal makes a click sound that can be heard and felt through the pedal when shifting into gears, it doesnt happen when the box is in neutral and you press the pedal, its only when you drop it into a gear.

I have also found that cruising along it 5th, it will sometimes pop the gear out and back to neutral, i just shift back to 5th. It doesn't do it all the time and its only 5th gear that does it.

I'm after a little insight as to what could be the cause of both issues. I haven't had the car long so id like to try to fix it before it becomes a major issue.

Thanks!

Josh.

Is your car turbo?

Soon the box will break then you can take it out and replace it with a 25 box.

The click could be the pivot point of the pedal. Can you pin point where its coming from?

Yup,turbo. I have heard that the box will eventually kick the bucket, i do have a RB25DET box on my list of things to do.

As for where the click is, im not sure exactly where it is, i just know that it happens when i select a gear, i would assume it was a pivot point, it would happen every time i pressed the clutch.

(i know very little about cars, hence why i bought this, to learn on with friends)